We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Alfalfa mosaic virus and Soybean dwarf virus on soybean in North Dakota, storage rot of dragon fruit caused by Gilbertella persicaria and a new wilt disease of banana in Papua New Guinea.
- First report of Groundnut bud necrosis virus infecting onion (Allium cepa).
Sujitha A, Reddy BVB, Sivaprasad Y, Usha R, Gopal DVRS (2012) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 7 (1) 183-187.
- First report of Cherry leaf roll virus (CLRV) in Malus domestica.
Woo ENY, Clover GRG, Pearson MN (2012) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 7 (1) 151-156.
- A new wilt disease of banana plants associated with phytoplasmas in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Davis RI, Kokoa P, Jones LM, Mackie J, Constable FE, Rodoni BC, Gunua TG, Rossel JB (2012) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 7 (1) 91-97.
- Botryosphaeriaceae species affecting table grape vineyards in Chile and cultivar susceptibility.
Morales A, Latorre BA, Piontelli E, Besoain X (2012) Ciencia e Investigación Agraria 39 (3) 445-458.
- Storage rot of dragon fruit caused by Gilbertella persicaria.
Guo LW, Wu YX, Mao ZC, Ho HH, He YQ (2012) Plant Disease 96 (12) 1826.
- First report of Pestalotiopsis clavispora causing leaf spot of Carya illinoensis in Brazil.
Lazarotto M, Muniz MFB, Poletto T, Dutra CB, Blume E, Harakawa R, Poletto I (2012) Plant Disease 96 (12) 1826.
- First report of anthracnose in Chinese hickory (Carya cathayensis) caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides in China.
Zhang CQ, Xu BC (2012) Plant Disease 96 (12) 1825.
- First report of phytophagous stink bug in chicory crop.
Krinski D (2013) Ciência Rural 43 (1) 42-44.
- First report in Cuba of green point gall of cocoa cushion caused by Albonectria rigidiuscula (Fusarium decemcellulare).
Pérez Vicente L, Martínez de la Parte E, Cantillo Pérez T (2012) Fitosanidad 16 (1) 19-25.
- First report of Alfalfa mosaic virus and Soybean dwarf virus on soybean in North Dakota.
Hobbs HA, Domier LL, Nelson BD (2012) Plant Disease 96 (12) 1829.
- Identification and characterization of Citrus yellow vein clearing virus, a putative new member of the genus Mandarivirus.
Loconsole G, Önelge N, Potere O, Giampetruzzi A, Bozan O, Satar S, de Stradis A, Savino V, Yokomi RK, Saponari M (2012) Phytopathology 102 (12) 1168-1175.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Crop App Index: search over 750 plant-health apps
The Crop App Index website helps users to find the plant-health apps and websites they need to answer their crop pest and disease questions. CABI recently added a further 200 websites and apps to the search tool. It now features over 750 different plan…
23 March 2023
[…] news on pests and diseases; there’s a new banana wilt in town that would worry […]