We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new records of rust fungi for South Africa, a new species of Stemphylium on spinach vine in China, and the first report of the root-knot nematodes Meloidogyne javanica and M. incognita on ginger and coriander crops in two Indian regions.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Meloidogyne javanica on ginger and Meloidogyne incognita on coriander in Jammu and Kashmir (India).
Singh, V. K.; Gupta, R. K. (2011) Journal of Horticultural Sciences 6 (1) 74-75.
- New record of Aleurocanthus terminaliae on mango.
Dharmendra Singh; Vennila, S.; Ramamurthy, V. V.; Ahuja, D. B.; Bambawale, O. M. (2012) Annals of Plant Protection Sciences 20 (1) 230-231.
- A new species of Stemphylium on Basella rubra.
Zhou YanFang; Guo YingLan; Li BaoJu (2012) Mycosystema 31 (2) 165-167.
- The genus Phytophthora anno 2012.
Kroon, L. P. N. M.; Brouwer, H.; Cock, A. W. A. M. de; Govers, F. (2012) Phytopathology 102 (4) 348-364.
- Additions to the rust fungi of South Africa.
Berndt, R.; Wood, A. R. (2012) Mycological Progress 11 (2) 483-497.
- Japanese Foxtail (Alopecurus japonicus) resistance to fenoxaprop and pinoxaden in China.
Mohamed, I. A.; Li RunZhi; You ZhenGuo; Li ZhaoHu (2012) Weed Science 60 (2) 167-171.
- New host of Anastrepha parishi Stone (Diptera: Tephritidae) reported in Brazil.
Adaime, R.; Marsaro Júnior, A. L.; Souza Filho, M. F.; Chagas, E. A.; Lima, C. G. B. (2012) Brazilian Journal of Biology 72 (1) 227.
- Exobasidium darwinii, a new Hawaiian species infecting endemic Vaccinium reticulatum in Haleakala National Park.
Piatek, M.; Lutz, M.; Welton, P. (2012) Mycological Progress 11 (2) 361-371.
- Studies on Cercospora and allied genera of China XV.
Guo YingLan (2012) Mycosystema 31 (2) 159-164.
- Notes on species of Cardiophorinae (Candèze, 1860) from Pakistan with description of a new species (Coleoptera: Elateridae) and new records.
Akhter, M. A.; Drumont, A.; Rizvi, S. A.; Zubair Ahmed (2011) Pakistan Journal of Zoology 43 (3) 477-481.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022