We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include target leaf spot (Corynespora) appearing for the first time in India, new records of Colletotrichum species on apple in Uruguay, and the first appearance of Bidens mottle virus in Taiwan.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Chilli ringspot virus on chili pepper in China.
Wang, J. H.; Zhang, S. Y.; Gong, D.; Wu, Y. P.; Zhang, Y. L.; Yu, N. T.; Liu, Z. X.; Xiong, Z. (2012) Plant Disease 96, 3, pp 462-463.
- Phytophagous and fungivorous mites (Acari: Prostigmata, Astigmata) from Peru.
Guanilo, A. D.; Moraes, G. J. de; Flechtmann, C. H. W.; Knapp, M. (2012) International Journal of Acarology 38, 2, pp 120-134.
- Golovinomyces biocellatus on oregano (Origanum vulgare ‘Compactum’) in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Bertetti, D.; Martini, P.; Repetto, L.; Gullino, M. L. (2012) Plant Disease 96, 3, pp 457.
- Corynespora blight of sweet basil: a new disease from India.
Vishwakarma, R. K.; Pal, V. K.; Akhtar, M. (2011) Biosciences, Biotechnology Research Asia 8, 2, pp 857-859.
- First report of Colletotrichum acutatum and C. fragariae causing bitter rot of apple in Uruguay.
Alaniz, S.; Hernández, L.; Damasco, D.; Mondino, P. (2012) Plant Disease 96, 3, pp 458.
- Two new records of hyphomycetes from India.
Dubey, R. K.; Rai, A. N.; Shrivastava, S.; Verma, N. K. (2011) Indian Phytopathology 64, 4, pp 390-391.
- First report of Erwinia persicinus causing wilting of Medicago sativa sprouts in China.
Zhang, Z. F.; Nan, Z. B. (2012) Plant Disease 96, 3, pp 454.
- Eggplant mild leaf mottle virus (EMLMV), a new putative member of the genus Ipomovirus that harbors an HC-Pro gene.
Dombrovsky, A.; Sapkota, R.; Lachman, O.; Antignus, Y. (2012) Virus Genes 44, 2, pp 329-337.
- First report of Apple mosaic virus in Alaska.
Robertson, N. L. (2012) Plant Disease 96, 3, pp 463.
- First report of Bidens mottle virus causing mosaic and leaf deformation in garland chrysanthemum and lettuce in Taiwan.
Chen, Y. K.; Lee, J. Y. (2012) Plant Disease 96, 3, pp 464.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>30,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020