Here’s a taste of some of the latest news stories about plant health, including dehydrated weevils, bananas saved from nematode attack, and how weeds and diseases work together to take down sweetcorn.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- African GM banana trial set to combat root-eating worm
Fresh Fruit Portal, 29 February 2012
- Russian Dolls of the Bug World
Science and Technology, 28 February 2012
- Kenya: Striga weed parasite to be tackled with pesticide-treated maize seed
African Agriculture, 26 February 2012
- Growers beware: 2012 primed for yellow leaf spot
Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Media Releases, 23 February 2012
- Hermetic bags save African crop, but not how experts once thought
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 22 February 2012
- Research grant to fund vegetable pests’ research in three African countries
African Agriculture, 21 February 2012
- US: New York potato growers victory over golden nematode
FreshPlaza.com, 21 February 2012
- Weeds and diseases pack one-two punch to sweet corn
ACES News RSS Feed, 21 February 2012
- Tanzania: Orange expert calls for action against fruit fly
FreshPlaza.com, 20 February 2012
- Zimbabwe: Hailstorm Destroys 22 Ha Tobacco Crop
AllAfrica News: Food, Agriculture and Rural Issues, 18 February 2012
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.