We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- Molecular characterization of a new strain of sugarcane streak mosaic virus (SCSMV).
Li WenFeng; He Zhen; Li ShiFang; Huang YingKun; Zhang ZhiXiang; Jiang DongMei; Wang XiaoYan; Luo ZhiMing (2011) Archives of Virology 156 (11), 2101-2104.
- Molecular characterization of allium virus X, a new potexvirus in the family Alphaflexiviridae, infecting ornamental allium.
Miglino, R.; Druffel, K. L.; Schadewijk, A. R. van; Pappu, H. R. (2011) Archives of Virology 156 (11), 2113-2115.
- Less known species representing Insecta, damaging maize plants (Zea mays L.) in the south-eastern part of Poland in 2005-2010.
Beres, P. K. (2011) Progress in Plant Protection 51 (1), 21-27.
- Identification of Bactrocera invadens (Diptera: Tephritidae) from Burundi, based on morphological characteristics and DNA barcode.
Liu LiJun; Liu JiaQi; Wang QingLei; Ndayiragije, P.; Ntahimpera, A.; Nkubaye, E.; Yang QianQian; Li ZhiHong (2011) African Journal of Biotechnology 10 (62), 13623-13630.
- The new biotype Nr:1 of the currant lettuce aphid: its distribution and impact on Swiss lettuce production.
Sauer-Kesper, C.; Lucia, N.; Buser, H.; Vogler, U. (2011) Recherche Agronomique Suisse 10, 462-469.
- First report of branched broomrape (Orobanche ramosa) on oilseed rape (Brassica napus), wild mustard (Sinapis arvensis), and wild vetch (Vicia spp.) in northern Greece.
Tsialtas, J. T.; Eleftherohorinos, I. G. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (10), 1322.
- First report of Cucurbit chlorotic yellows virus infecting muskmelon and cucumber in Sudan.
Hamed, K.; Menzel, W.; Dafalla, G.; Gadelseed, A. M. A.; Winter, S. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (10), 1321.
- First report of Chickpea chlorotic stunt virus infecting legume crops in Tunisia.
Najar, A.; Kumari, S.; Attar, N.; Lababidi, S. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (10), 1321-1322.
- Association of ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma phoenicium‘ with GF-677 witches’ broom in Iran.
Salehi, M.; Haghshenas, F.; Khanchezar, A.; Esmailzadeh-Hosseini, S. A.; Bertaccini, A.; Maini, S. (2011) Bulletin of Insectology 64 (Supplement), S113-S114.
- Species of thrips (Insecta, Thysanoptera) in two strawberry production systems in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil.
Pinent, S. M. J.; Nondillo, A.; Botton, M.; Redaelli, L. R.; Pinent, C. E. da C. (2011) Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 55 (3), 419-423.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>29,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
As many of our readers may be aware, the United Nations have declared 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health. CABI is pleased to announce that to promote a global conversation about plant health and the future of sustainable agriculture, we are…
7 November 2019