We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- Molecular characterization of a new strain of sugarcane streak mosaic virus (SCSMV).
Li WenFeng; He Zhen; Li ShiFang; Huang YingKun; Zhang ZhiXiang; Jiang DongMei; Wang XiaoYan; Luo ZhiMing (2011) Archives of Virology 156 (11), 2101-2104.
- Molecular characterization of allium virus X, a new potexvirus in the family Alphaflexiviridae, infecting ornamental allium.
Miglino, R.; Druffel, K. L.; Schadewijk, A. R. van; Pappu, H. R. (2011) Archives of Virology 156 (11), 2113-2115.
- Less known species representing Insecta, damaging maize plants (Zea mays L.) in the south-eastern part of Poland in 2005-2010.
Beres, P. K. (2011) Progress in Plant Protection 51 (1), 21-27.
- Identification of Bactrocera invadens (Diptera: Tephritidae) from Burundi, based on morphological characteristics and DNA barcode.
Liu LiJun; Liu JiaQi; Wang QingLei; Ndayiragije, P.; Ntahimpera, A.; Nkubaye, E.; Yang QianQian; Li ZhiHong (2011) African Journal of Biotechnology 10 (62), 13623-13630.
- The new biotype Nr:1 of the currant lettuce aphid: its distribution and impact on Swiss lettuce production.
Sauer-Kesper, C.; Lucia, N.; Buser, H.; Vogler, U. (2011) Recherche Agronomique Suisse 10, 462-469.
- First report of branched broomrape (Orobanche ramosa) on oilseed rape (Brassica napus), wild mustard (Sinapis arvensis), and wild vetch (Vicia spp.) in northern Greece.
Tsialtas, J. T.; Eleftherohorinos, I. G. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (10), 1322.
- First report of Cucurbit chlorotic yellows virus infecting muskmelon and cucumber in Sudan.
Hamed, K.; Menzel, W.; Dafalla, G.; Gadelseed, A. M. A.; Winter, S. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (10), 1321.
- First report of Chickpea chlorotic stunt virus infecting legume crops in Tunisia.
Najar, A.; Kumari, S.; Attar, N.; Lababidi, S. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (10), 1321-1322.
- Association of ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma phoenicium‘ with GF-677 witches’ broom in Iran.
Salehi, M.; Haghshenas, F.; Khanchezar, A.; Esmailzadeh-Hosseini, S. A.; Bertaccini, A.; Maini, S. (2011) Bulletin of Insectology 64 (Supplement), S113-S114.
- Species of thrips (Insecta, Thysanoptera) in two strawberry production systems in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil.
Pinent, S. M. J.; Nondillo, A.; Botton, M.; Redaelli, L. R.; Pinent, C. E. da C. (2011) Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 55 (3), 419-423.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>29,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020