We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- First records of the jumping plant-louse Acizzia jamatonica (Kuwayama) (Hemiptera: Sternorrhyncha: Psyllidae) in Slovakia and Greece.
Lauterer, P.; Bartoš, R.; Milonas, P. (2011) Plant Protection Science 47 (1), 37-40.
- Contribution to the knowledge of diversity of Fusarium associated with maize in Malaysia.
Nur Ain Izzati, M. Z.; Azmi, A. R.; Siti Nordahliawate, M. S.; Johari Norazlina (2011) Plant Protection Science 47 (1), 20-24.
- Occurrence of bag worms Pteroma plagiophelps Hamps and Clania sp. on cocoa crop.
Emmanuel, N.; Sujatha, A.; Gautam, B. (2010) Insect Environment 16 (2), 60-61.
- Viruses in winter barley – is the production of this crop in Germany threatened by another soil-borne virus?
Rabenstein, F.; Fomitcheva, V.; Eugen Ulmer KG (2011) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 63 (3), 83-89.
- An unrecorded species Ditylenchus myceliophagus and descripton of Ditylenchus acutus (Nematoda : Anguinidae) from Korea.
Lee JoongHwan; Park SangJo; Choi SeongYong (2010) Korean Journal of Applied Entomology 49 (3), 171-174.
- Regional survey and identification of Bipolaris spp. associated with rice seeds in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil.
Farias, C. R. J. de; Afonso, A. P. S.; Pierobom, C. R.; Ponte, E. M. del (2011) Ciência Rural 41 (3), 369-372.
- First report of Squash leaf curl china virus causing mosaic symptoms on summer squash (Cucurbita pepo) grown in Varanasi district of India.
Saritha, R. K.; Bag, T. K.; Loganathan, M.; Rai, A. B.; Rai, M. (2011) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44 (2), 179-185.
- Studies on powdery mildew disease of mulberry (Morus alba): a new report from Uttar Pradesh, India.
Shweta Sharma; Khan, T. A.; Ashraf, M. S. (2011) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44 (2), 105-112.
- The first occurrence of currant clearwing moth, Synanthedon tipuliformis (Sesiidae) in Honshu Island, Japan.
Murai, T.; Narita, O.; Yukita, K. (2010) Annual Report of the Society of Plant Protection of North Japan 61, 243-246.
- Identification and pathogenicity of Rhizoctonia species isolated from bean and soybean plants in Samsun, Turkey.
Erper, I.; Ozkoc, I.; Karaca, G. H. (2011) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44 (1), 78-84.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022