We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- First records of the jumping plant-louse Acizzia jamatonica (Kuwayama) (Hemiptera: Sternorrhyncha: Psyllidae) in Slovakia and Greece.
Lauterer, P.; Bartoš, R.; Milonas, P. (2011) Plant Protection Science 47 (1), 37-40.
- Contribution to the knowledge of diversity of Fusarium associated with maize in Malaysia.
Nur Ain Izzati, M. Z.; Azmi, A. R.; Siti Nordahliawate, M. S.; Johari Norazlina (2011) Plant Protection Science 47 (1), 20-24.
- Occurrence of bag worms Pteroma plagiophelps Hamps and Clania sp. on cocoa crop.
Emmanuel, N.; Sujatha, A.; Gautam, B. (2010) Insect Environment 16 (2), 60-61.
- Viruses in winter barley – is the production of this crop in Germany threatened by another soil-borne virus?
Rabenstein, F.; Fomitcheva, V.; Eugen Ulmer KG (2011) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 63 (3), 83-89.
- An unrecorded species Ditylenchus myceliophagus and descripton of Ditylenchus acutus (Nematoda : Anguinidae) from Korea.
Lee JoongHwan; Park SangJo; Choi SeongYong (2010) Korean Journal of Applied Entomology 49 (3), 171-174.
- Regional survey and identification of Bipolaris spp. associated with rice seeds in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil.
Farias, C. R. J. de; Afonso, A. P. S.; Pierobom, C. R.; Ponte, E. M. del (2011) Ciência Rural 41 (3), 369-372.
- First report of Squash leaf curl china virus causing mosaic symptoms on summer squash (Cucurbita pepo) grown in Varanasi district of India.
Saritha, R. K.; Bag, T. K.; Loganathan, M.; Rai, A. B.; Rai, M. (2011) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44 (2), 179-185.
- Studies on powdery mildew disease of mulberry (Morus alba): a new report from Uttar Pradesh, India.
Shweta Sharma; Khan, T. A.; Ashraf, M. S. (2011) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44 (2), 105-112.
- The first occurrence of currant clearwing moth, Synanthedon tipuliformis (Sesiidae) in Honshu Island, Japan.
Murai, T.; Narita, O.; Yukita, K. (2010) Annual Report of the Society of Plant Protection of North Japan 61, 243-246.
- Identification and pathogenicity of Rhizoctonia species isolated from bean and soybean plants in Samsun, Turkey.
Erper, I.; Ozkoc, I.; Karaca, G. H. (2011) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 44 (1), 78-84.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests and diseases of rice are a significant constraint in rice production, accounting for up to 30% of yield losses. Rice is cultivated in over 100 countries and is a staple food source for over half the world’s population. Therefore, the sustainable…
28 November 2023