We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of root rot on onion seedlings caused by Globisporangium irregulare in South Korea, and the first report of Cucurbit aphid-borne yellows virus infecting muskmelon (Cucumis melo) in India.
- Identification of pathogen causing sugarcane brown stripe in Yunnan Province. Wang XiaoYan; Li YinHu; Pu JinAn; Zhang RongYue; Long ChaoHua; Pu JiaRong; Li WenFeng; Shan HongLi; Huang YingKun (2023) Acta Phytopathologica Sinica 53 (1) 141-145.
- First report of Ceratobasidium sp. AG-I (binucleate Rhizoctonia) causing root rot of Hedychium coronarium Koen in China. Zheng JiaQi; Yao Lan; Liu ChaoRan; Wu ChangFeng; Han YuZhu (2023) Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 45 (2) 168-175.
- First report of 16SrII-V Phytoplasma associated with cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) phyllody in China. Li Zhang; Li ZhanBiao; She XiaoMan; Farooq, T.; Li ZhengGang; Lin Yu; Lan GuoBing; He ZiFu; Tang YaFei (2023) Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 45 (2) 103-109.
- First report of root rot on onion (Allium cepa) seedlings caused by Globisporangium irregulare in South Korea. Choi Okhee; Kang Byeongsam; Lee Yeyeong; Kwon JinHyeuk; Kim Jinwoo (2023) Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 45 (2) 110-117.
- Stigmella naturnella (Klimesch, 1936) (Lepidoptera, Nepticulidae) a fast-spreading European leafminer of Betula, with a revised key to linear leafmines on Betula. Nieukerken, E. J. van (2023) Nota Lepidopterologica 46 (37-82) 37-82.
- Detection of the Large White butterfly Pieris brassicae (Linnaeus, 1758) (Lepidoptera, Pieridae) in Rapa Nui (Easter Island). Cotoras, D. D.; Pakarati, S. Y. (2023) Nota Lepidopterologica 46 (31-35) 31-35.
- Influence of dieback disease on soil chemistry and bacterial diversity in the rhizosphere of mango plants. Sumbal Ayyaz; Shad, M. A.; Haq Nawaz; Fiaz Ahmad (2023) Comptes Rendus de l’Academie Bulgare des Sciences 76 (3) 486-494.
- First report of Cucurbit aphid-borne yellows virus infecting muskmelon (Cucumis melo) in India. Savarni Tripathi; Abhishek Verma; Kushwah, S. S.; Raj Verma (2023) Journal of Plant Pathology 105 (1) 383-383.
- Colletotrichum karsti causing anthracnose on Dioscorea cayennensis in Brazil. Amaral, A. G. G.; Duarte, I. G.; Santos Vieira, W. A. dos; Reis, A.; Castlebury, L. A.; Câmara, M. P. S. (2023) Journal of Plant Pathology 105 (1) 381-382.
- First report of powdery mildew caused by Erysiphe heraclei on Anthriscus caucalis in Korea. Choi InYoung; Abasova, L.; Choi JoonHo; Shin HyeonDong (2023) Journal of Plant Pathology 105 (1) 379-379.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
Leave a Reply