We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of stem rot on hydrangea caused by Phytophthora hedraiandra in Japan and reports of a new blunervirus infecting tomato crops in Italy and Australia.
- First report of stem rot on hydrangea caused by Phytophthora hedraiandra in Japan. Yosilia, R.; Morishima, M.; Hieno, A.; Suga, H.; Kageyama, K. (2020) Journal of General Plant Pathology 86 (6) 507-512.
- Microorganisms and biological pest control: an analysis based on a bibliometric review. Hernández-Rosas, F.; Figueroa-Rodríguez, K. A.; García-Pacheco, L. A.; Velasco-Velasco, J.; Sangerman-Jarquín, D. M. (2020) Agronomy 10 (11).
- Revision of the lanternfly genus Limois Stål, 1863 (Hemiptera: Fulgoromorpha: Fulgoridae) with description of a new species from China. Wang WenQian; Xu SiLong; Constant, J.; Qin DaoZheng (2020) European Journal of Taxonomy (720) 35-61.
- A revision of the Maechidiini Burmeister, 1855 (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Melolonthinae) from the Indo-Australian transition zone, and the first record of the tribe west of Wallace’s line. Telnov, D. (2020) European Journal of Taxonomy (721) 1-210.
- A newly reported parasitoid, Pentatomophaga latifascia (Diptera: Tachinidae), of adult Halyomorpha halys in Beijing, China. Chen JuHong; Li WenJing; Mi QianQian; Zhang Feng; Shi ShuSen; Zhang JinPing (2020) Insects 11 (10).
- Perenniporia eugeissonae sp. nov., a new species on palm discovered from Malaysia. Du Ping; Wang ChaoGe; Tian XueMei (2020) Phytotaxa 449 (1) 75-82.
- Incidence and distribution of Tobacco streak virus isolated from parsley Petroselinum sativum. Abtahi, F.; Hosseini, S. A. (2020) Journal of Crop Protection 9 (4) 683-697.
- Molecular characterization of a novel cytorhabdovirus associated with paper mulberry mosaic disease. Qiu YuanJian; Zhang Song; Jin JingJing; Xie Jiaxi; Cao YuMei; Cao MengJi (2020) Archives of Virology 165 (11) 2703-2707.
- A new blunervirus infects tomato crops in Italy and Australia. Ciuffo, M.; Kinoti, W. M.; Tiberini, A.; Forgia, M.; Tomassoli, L.; Constable, F. E.; Turina, M. (2020) Archives of Virology 165 (10) 2379-2384.
- First record of Evania appendigaster (L.) (Hymenoptera: Evaniidae) in Venezuela. Morillo, C. Y. H.; Cazorla, D. (2020) Revista Nicaragüense de Entomología (198) 1-18.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
Leave a Reply