We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of the invasive Argentine ant Linepithema humile in the Tuscan archipelago and the first record of hairy cup grass Eriochloa villosa, an invasive grass species, in Austria.
- Association of Apple necrotic mosaic virus (ApNMV) with mosaic disease in commercially grown cultivars of apple (Malus domestica Borkh) in India. Sajad-un-nabi; Baranwal, V. K.; Yadav, M. K.; Rao, G. P. (2020) 3 Biotech 10 (3).
- First record of the Argentine ant, Linepithema humile (Mayr, 1868), in the Tuscan Archipelago (Italy). Masoni, A.; Frizzi, F.; Giannini, F.; Santini, G. (2020) BioInvasions Records 9 (1) 37-43.
- The exotic invasive candle bush Senna alata (L.) Roxb. in Baja California peninsula, México, a new threat for relictual oasis. Pérez Navarro, J. J.; Rodríguez-Estrella, R. (2020) BioInvasions Records 9 (1) 29-36.
- First record of Eriochloa villosa (Thunb.) Kunth in Austria and notes on its distribution and agricultural impact in Central Europe. Follak, S.; Schwarz, M.; Essl, F. (2020) BioInvasions Records 9 (1) 8-16.
- The first record of Puccinia abrupta var. partheniicola, on Parthenium hysterophorus an invasive alien plant species in Pakistan. Iqbal, I. M.; Kazam Ali; Evans, H. C.; Abdul Rehman; Seier, M. K.; Asad Shabbir; Weyl, P. (2020) BioInvasions Records 9 (1) 1-7.
- Molecular detection of six RNA viruses in tuber sprouts of potato (Solanum phureja) in Antioquia, Colombia. Sierra Mejía, A.; Gallo García, Y.; Estrada Arteaga, M.; Andrés Gutiérrez, P.; Marín Montoya, M. (2020) Bioagro 32 (1) 3-14.
- Novelties to the flora of Soria (Castilla y león, Spain), 2. Arvensis, ruderal or neophyte plants. Molina Martín, C.; Mateo Sanz, G.; Montamarta Prieto, G.; Eugenio Gozalbo, M. (2020) Flora Montiberica 76 51-55.
- Insect galls of the Reserva Biológica União, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Maia, V. C.; Siqueira, E. de S. (2020) Biota Neotropica 20 (1).
- Characterization and host range assessment of Dickeya zeae associated with pineapple soft rot disease in East Lampung, Indonesia. Aeny, T. N.; Suharjo, R.; Ginting, C.; Hapsoro, D.; Niswati, A. (2020) Biodiversitas: Journal of Biological Diversity 21 (2) 587-595.
- Faunistic studies on Carabidae, Staphylinidae, Elateridae, Cleridae, Cerambycidae and Chrysomelidae (Coleoptera) families of Çataldağ (Balıkesir-Susurluk) province, western Turkey. Varli, S. V.; Sürgüt, H.; Tüven, A.; Jansson, N. (2020) KSÜ Tarim ve Doga Dergisi 23 (3) 740-747.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Crop App Index: search over 750 plant-health apps
The Crop App Index website helps users to find the plant-health apps and websites they need to answer their crop pest and disease questions. CABI recently added a further 200 websites and apps to the search tool. It now features over 750 different plan…
23 March 2023
Great work and great article, keep up the good work