We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include reports on a new species of Dragomiris beetle in Argentina and new records of brown marmorated stink bug in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Lobocriconema iranense (Van den Berg, Eskandari, Tiedt & Karegar, 2010) n. comb. and description of L. nokandense n. sp. (Nematoda: Criconematidae) from Iran. Afshar, F. J.; Pourjam, E.; Pedram, M. (2019) Nematology 21 (10) 1043-1061.
- Development of ISSR-derived SCAR marker and SYBR Green I real-time PCR method for detection of teliospores of Tilletia laevis Kühn. Yao ZhaoQun; Qin DanDan; Chen DeLai; Liu ChangZhong; Chen WanQuan; Liu TaiGuo; Liu Bo; Gao Li (2019) Scientific Reports 9 (1) 17651.
- Investigation on species of spider mites damaging broad-leaved trees and Acer rubrum damaged by Oligonychus ilicis in Shanghai gardens. Yang Chao (2019) Journal of Zhejiang Forestry Science and Technology 39 (3) 63-66.
- A new species of Dragomiris Gounelle, 1913 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Cerambycinae: Torneutini) from Argentina. Zubarán, G. E. (2019) Zootaxa 4576 (2) 337-346.
- First record of Nothoserphus mirabilis Brues, 1940 (Hymenoptera: Proctotrupidae) from Pothwar, Pakistan. Imran Bodlah; Ammara Gull-e-Fareen; Rasheed, M. T.; Muhammad Amin; Ayesha Aihetasham (2019) Punjab University Journal of Zoology 34 (1) 47-49.
- Contribution to Aphid’s fauna of Gujranwala (Punjab), Pakistan. Shamesa Maryam; Sandhu, A. A.; Imran Bodlah; Aziz, M. A.; Ayesha Aihetasham (2019) Punjab University Journal of Zoology 34 (1) 9-16.
- The lime leaf miner (Phyllonorycter issikii) – an invasive pest in plantations of Tomsk. Konusova, O. L.; Mikhailova, S. I.; Prokopiev, A. S.; Shchepetkina, S. A. (2019) Zashchita i Karantin Rasteniĭ (No.10) 49-51.
- Brown marmorated stink bug (Halyomorpha halys) – a new invader in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Zhunisbai, R. T.; Dinasilov, A. S.; Islamova, R. A. (2019) Zashchita i Karantin Rasteniĭ (No.10) 38-40.
- Fertilizers and herbicides on corn. Tsereteli, I. S.; Agaronyan, A. G. (2019) Zashchita i Karantin Rasteniĭ (No.10) 28-33.
- Ancrocorticia populi gen. nov., sp. nov, isolated from the symptomatic bark of Populus × euramericana canker. Xu GuanTang; Xue Han; Piao ChunGen; Guo MinWei; Li Yong (2019) MicrobiologyOpen 8 (7) e00792.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022