We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include reports on a new species of Dragomiris beetle in Argentina and new records of brown marmorated stink bug in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Lobocriconema iranense (Van den Berg, Eskandari, Tiedt & Karegar, 2010) n. comb. and description of L. nokandense n. sp. (Nematoda: Criconematidae) from Iran. Afshar, F. J.; Pourjam, E.; Pedram, M. (2019) Nematology 21 (10) 1043-1061.
- Development of ISSR-derived SCAR marker and SYBR Green I real-time PCR method for detection of teliospores of Tilletia laevis Kühn. Yao ZhaoQun; Qin DanDan; Chen DeLai; Liu ChangZhong; Chen WanQuan; Liu TaiGuo; Liu Bo; Gao Li (2019) Scientific Reports 9 (1) 17651.
- Investigation on species of spider mites damaging broad-leaved trees and Acer rubrum damaged by Oligonychus ilicis in Shanghai gardens. Yang Chao (2019) Journal of Zhejiang Forestry Science and Technology 39 (3) 63-66.
- A new species of Dragomiris Gounelle, 1913 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Cerambycinae: Torneutini) from Argentina. Zubarán, G. E. (2019) Zootaxa 4576 (2) 337-346.
- First record of Nothoserphus mirabilis Brues, 1940 (Hymenoptera: Proctotrupidae) from Pothwar, Pakistan. Imran Bodlah; Ammara Gull-e-Fareen; Rasheed, M. T.; Muhammad Amin; Ayesha Aihetasham (2019) Punjab University Journal of Zoology 34 (1) 47-49.
- Contribution to Aphid’s fauna of Gujranwala (Punjab), Pakistan. Shamesa Maryam; Sandhu, A. A.; Imran Bodlah; Aziz, M. A.; Ayesha Aihetasham (2019) Punjab University Journal of Zoology 34 (1) 9-16.
- The lime leaf miner (Phyllonorycter issikii) – an invasive pest in plantations of Tomsk. Konusova, O. L.; Mikhailova, S. I.; Prokopiev, A. S.; Shchepetkina, S. A. (2019) Zashchita i Karantin Rasteniĭ (No.10) 49-51.
- Brown marmorated stink bug (Halyomorpha halys) – a new invader in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Zhunisbai, R. T.; Dinasilov, A. S.; Islamova, R. A. (2019) Zashchita i Karantin Rasteniĭ (No.10) 38-40.
- Fertilizers and herbicides on corn. Tsereteli, I. S.; Agaronyan, A. G. (2019) Zashchita i Karantin Rasteniĭ (No.10) 28-33.
- Ancrocorticia populi gen. nov., sp. nov, isolated from the symptomatic bark of Populus × euramericana canker. Xu GuanTang; Xue Han; Piao ChunGen; Guo MinWei; Li Yong (2019) MicrobiologyOpen 8 (7) e00792.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests and diseases of rice are a significant constraint in rice production, accounting for up to 30% of yield losses. Rice is cultivated in over 100 countries and is a staple food source for over half the world’s population. Therefore, the sustainable…
28 November 2023