We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of a novel alphapartitivirus in Rhizoctonia oryzae-sativae, the causal agent of aggregate sheath spot disease of rice; a report on Bursaphelenchus rockyi sp. in peat moss in Russia and a report on Bursaphelenchus michalskii n. on large elm bark beetles and its association with Dutch elm disease.
- First record of Entoleuca mammatain hybrid aspen plantations in hemiboreal Estonia and stand-environmental factors affecting its prevalence. Lutter, R.; Drenkhan, R.; Tullus, A.; Jürimaa, K.; Tullus, T.; Tullus, H. (2019) European Journal of Forest Research 138 (2) 263-274.
- Complete genome sequence of an alternavirus from the phytopathogenic fungus Fusarium incarnatum. Zhang XiaoTing; Xie Yuan; Zhang Fang; Sun HangJun; Zhai YingYing; Zhang SongBai; Yuan HongXia; Zhou Lin; Gao Fei; Li HongLian (2019) Archives of Virology 164 (3) 923-925.
- First report of a novel alphapartitivirus in the basidiomycete Rhizoctonia oryzae-sativae. Subha Das; Sampa Das (2019) Archives of Virology 164 (3) 889-892.
- Description of Acrobeles aenigmaticus n. (Rhabditida: Cephalobidae), an unusual species with a poorly developed vulva, from the Kalahari Desert (Ngamiland, Botswana). Abolafia, J.; Shokoohi, E.; Preez, G. du; Fourie, H. (2019) Nematology 21 (3) 319-332.
- Bursaphelenchus michalskii n. (Nematoda: Aphelenchoididae), a nematode associate of the large elm bark beetle, Scolytus scolytusFabr. (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), in Dutch elm disease-affected elm, Ulmus laevis Pall. Tomalak, M.; Filipiak, A. (2019) Nematology 21 (3) 301-318.
- Description of Bursaphelenchus rockyi sp. (Nematoda: aphelenchoididae) in peat moss from Russia. Wang Xu; Fang YiWu; Maria, M.; Gu JianFeng; Ge JianJun (2019) Nematology 21 (3) 253-265.
- Seinura caverna sp. (Tylenchomorpha: Aphelenchoididae), an androdioecious species isolated from bat guano in a calcareous cave. Kanzaki, N.; Ekino, T.; Masuya, H. (2019) Nematology 21 (2) 207-225.
- Description of Aphelenchoides tabarestanensis sp. (Nematoda: Aphelenchoididae) isolated from Pinus brutiain northern Iran. Golhasan, B.; Fang Yiwu; Li HongMei; Maafi, Z. T.; Heydari, R. (2019) Nematology 21 (2) 159-169.
- Unexpected rDNA divergence between two morphologically minimalistic nematodes with description of a new species (Tylenchomorpha: Tylenchidae). Qiao KaiKai; Bai MengXin; Wang Qiu; Hou XiangYu; Chen JingWei; Xiao Shun; Liu GuoKun; Bert, W.; Qing Xue (2019) Nematology 21 (1) 57-70.
- Taxonomy of the genus LabronemaThorne, 1939 (Nematoda: Dorylaimida: Dorylaimidae) with redescription of its type species, ferox Thorne, 1939. Peña-Santiago, R. (2019) Nematology 21 (1) 23-34.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Penn State University’s Nuru app project has been awarded further funding to expand the reach of crop diseases and support farmers at a global scale (© Pexels) An extension grant has been awarded to the PlantVillage Nuru project, developing an artifici…
13 March 2020