We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of a novel alphapartitivirus in Rhizoctonia oryzae-sativae, the causal agent of aggregate sheath spot disease of rice; a report on Bursaphelenchus rockyi sp. in peat moss in Russia and a report on Bursaphelenchus michalskii n. on large elm bark beetles and its association with Dutch elm disease.
- First record of Entoleuca mammatain hybrid aspen plantations in hemiboreal Estonia and stand-environmental factors affecting its prevalence. Lutter, R.; Drenkhan, R.; Tullus, A.; Jürimaa, K.; Tullus, T.; Tullus, H. (2019) European Journal of Forest Research 138 (2) 263-274.
- Complete genome sequence of an alternavirus from the phytopathogenic fungus Fusarium incarnatum. Zhang XiaoTing; Xie Yuan; Zhang Fang; Sun HangJun; Zhai YingYing; Zhang SongBai; Yuan HongXia; Zhou Lin; Gao Fei; Li HongLian (2019) Archives of Virology 164 (3) 923-925.
- First report of a novel alphapartitivirus in the basidiomycete Rhizoctonia oryzae-sativae. Subha Das; Sampa Das (2019) Archives of Virology 164 (3) 889-892.
- Description of Acrobeles aenigmaticus n. (Rhabditida: Cephalobidae), an unusual species with a poorly developed vulva, from the Kalahari Desert (Ngamiland, Botswana). Abolafia, J.; Shokoohi, E.; Preez, G. du; Fourie, H. (2019) Nematology 21 (3) 319-332.
- Bursaphelenchus michalskii n. (Nematoda: Aphelenchoididae), a nematode associate of the large elm bark beetle, Scolytus scolytusFabr. (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), in Dutch elm disease-affected elm, Ulmus laevis Pall. Tomalak, M.; Filipiak, A. (2019) Nematology 21 (3) 301-318.
- Description of Bursaphelenchus rockyi sp. (Nematoda: aphelenchoididae) in peat moss from Russia. Wang Xu; Fang YiWu; Maria, M.; Gu JianFeng; Ge JianJun (2019) Nematology 21 (3) 253-265.
- Seinura caverna sp. (Tylenchomorpha: Aphelenchoididae), an androdioecious species isolated from bat guano in a calcareous cave. Kanzaki, N.; Ekino, T.; Masuya, H. (2019) Nematology 21 (2) 207-225.
- Description of Aphelenchoides tabarestanensis sp. (Nematoda: Aphelenchoididae) isolated from Pinus brutiain northern Iran. Golhasan, B.; Fang Yiwu; Li HongMei; Maafi, Z. T.; Heydari, R. (2019) Nematology 21 (2) 159-169.
- Unexpected rDNA divergence between two morphologically minimalistic nematodes with description of a new species (Tylenchomorpha: Tylenchidae). Qiao KaiKai; Bai MengXin; Wang Qiu; Hou XiangYu; Chen JingWei; Xiao Shun; Liu GuoKun; Bert, W.; Qing Xue (2019) Nematology 21 (1) 57-70.
- Taxonomy of the genus LabronemaThorne, 1939 (Nematoda: Dorylaimida: Dorylaimidae) with redescription of its type species, ferox Thorne, 1939. Peña-Santiago, R. (2019) Nematology 21 (1) 23-34.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests do not recognise borders. With the increased movement of people and goods, comes the increased risk of pests moving from one geographic area to another. For this reason, it is important to identify and categorize species that are likely to enter…
21 October 2021