We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of Pratylenchus neglectus on maize in Hungary, the first report of Cecidochares connexa parasitism in West Africa and a report on Phalaenopsis petal spot disease in Taiwan.
- Molecular characterization of a new recombinant brassica yellows virus infecting tobacco in China. Wang Qian; Xu FangZheng; An LuLu; Xiang HaiYing; Zhang WeiHua; Liu GuanShan; Liu HaoBao (2019) Virus Genes 55 (2) 253-256.
- Sequence analysis and genomic organization of a novel chuvirus, Tàiyuán leafhopper virus. Wang Hui; Liu Yan; Liu WenWen; Cao MengJi; Wang XiFeng (2019) Archives of Virology 164 (2) 617-620.
- First report of Pratylenchus neglectus (Rensch, 1924) Filipjev & S. Stekhoven occurring in abundance in maize in Hungary. Petrikovszki, R.; Hegyi, T.; Toth, F.; Nagy, P. (2019) Növényvédelem 55 (3) 110-114.
- First record of the impact of the parasitism of Cecidochares connexa (Diptera: Tephritidae) by a solitary larval ectoparasitoid in West Africa: cause for concern? Aigbedion-Atalor, P. O.; Idemudia, I.; Witt, A. B. R.; Day, M. D. (2019) Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 126 (1) 93-95.
- The phylogenetic relationships of Tiaronthophagus n.gen. (Coleoptera, Scarabaeidae, Onthophagini) evaluated by phenotypic characters. Roggero, A.; Moretto, P.; Barbero, E.; Palestrini, C. (2019) Insects 10 (3) 64.
- Petal spot of Phalaenopsis caused by Exserohilum rostratum. Huang ChiaoWen; Huang JinHsing; Tsai JhihNung; Chung LiHsiang; Hsieh TingFang (2019) Journal of Taiwan Agricultural Research 68 (1) 47-58.
- Investigation of forest true bugs (Hemiptera: Heteroptera) from Shanghai area. Gao CuiQing; Wang MeiNa; Wang Yan; Zhang YueFeng; Hao DeJun (2019) Journal of Nanjing Forestry University (Natural Sciences Edition) 43 (1) 167-174.
- Muscodor brasiliensis sp. nov. produces volatile organic compounds with activity against Penicillium digitatum. Pena, L. C.; Jungklaus, G. H.; Savi, D. C.; Ferreira-Maba, L.; Servienski, A.; Maia, B. H. L. N. S.; Annies, V.; Galli-Terasawa, L. V.; Glienke, C.; Kava, V. (2019) Microbiological Research 221 28-35.
- Bark and ambrosia beetles (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae, Platypodinae) of Sonora, México. Atkinson, T. H. (2019) Dugesiana 26 (1) 41-49.
- New records of ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) from María Cleofas Island, Gulf of California, Mexico. Cupul-Magaña, F. G.; Vásquez-Bolaños, M. (2019) Dugesiana 26 (1) 27-29.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
Leave a Reply