We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of Pratylenchus neglectus on maize in Hungary, the first report of Cecidochares connexa parasitism in West Africa and a report on Phalaenopsis petal spot disease in Taiwan.
- Molecular characterization of a new recombinant brassica yellows virus infecting tobacco in China. Wang Qian; Xu FangZheng; An LuLu; Xiang HaiYing; Zhang WeiHua; Liu GuanShan; Liu HaoBao (2019) Virus Genes 55 (2) 253-256.
- Sequence analysis and genomic organization of a novel chuvirus, Tàiyuán leafhopper virus. Wang Hui; Liu Yan; Liu WenWen; Cao MengJi; Wang XiFeng (2019) Archives of Virology 164 (2) 617-620.
- First report of Pratylenchus neglectus (Rensch, 1924) Filipjev & S. Stekhoven occurring in abundance in maize in Hungary. Petrikovszki, R.; Hegyi, T.; Toth, F.; Nagy, P. (2019) Növényvédelem 55 (3) 110-114.
- First record of the impact of the parasitism of Cecidochares connexa (Diptera: Tephritidae) by a solitary larval ectoparasitoid in West Africa: cause for concern? Aigbedion-Atalor, P. O.; Idemudia, I.; Witt, A. B. R.; Day, M. D. (2019) Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 126 (1) 93-95.
- The phylogenetic relationships of Tiaronthophagus n.gen. (Coleoptera, Scarabaeidae, Onthophagini) evaluated by phenotypic characters. Roggero, A.; Moretto, P.; Barbero, E.; Palestrini, C. (2019) Insects 10 (3) 64.
- Petal spot of Phalaenopsis caused by Exserohilum rostratum. Huang ChiaoWen; Huang JinHsing; Tsai JhihNung; Chung LiHsiang; Hsieh TingFang (2019) Journal of Taiwan Agricultural Research 68 (1) 47-58.
- Investigation of forest true bugs (Hemiptera: Heteroptera) from Shanghai area. Gao CuiQing; Wang MeiNa; Wang Yan; Zhang YueFeng; Hao DeJun (2019) Journal of Nanjing Forestry University (Natural Sciences Edition) 43 (1) 167-174.
- Muscodor brasiliensis sp. nov. produces volatile organic compounds with activity against Penicillium digitatum. Pena, L. C.; Jungklaus, G. H.; Savi, D. C.; Ferreira-Maba, L.; Servienski, A.; Maia, B. H. L. N. S.; Annies, V.; Galli-Terasawa, L. V.; Glienke, C.; Kava, V. (2019) Microbiological Research 221 28-35.
- Bark and ambrosia beetles (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae, Platypodinae) of Sonora, México. Atkinson, T. H. (2019) Dugesiana 26 (1) 41-49.
- New records of ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) from María Cleofas Island, Gulf of California, Mexico. Cupul-Magaña, F. G.; Vásquez-Bolaños, M. (2019) Dugesiana 26 (1) 27-29.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022