We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Fusarium oxysporum as the causal agent of wild saffron corm rot disease in Iran, a report on two new hosts of Prillieuxina winteriana (Ascomycota) and the first record of Euplatypus parallelus in China.
- The first report of Fusarium oxysporum causal agent of wild saffron corm rot disease in Iran. Najari, G.; Nourollahi, K.; Piri, M. (2018) Saffron Agronomy and Technology 6 (1) Pe119-Pe123, En9.
- Invasive plants and natural habitats: the role of alien species in the urban vegetation. Costa, R. M. S.; Pavone, P. (2018) Acta Horticulturae (No.1215) 57-60.
- Two new hosts of Prillieuxina winteriana (Ascomycota) of the family Annonaceae. Santos, A.; Pires, R. A.; Soares Filho, A. de O.; Novais, Q. S.; Caliman, M. E.; Bezerra, J. L. (2018) Agrotrópica 30 (1) 39-42.
- The genus Gonocephalum Solier, 1834 (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae: Tenebrioninae) from Maharashtra with some new records. Hegde, V. D.; Manthen, S. V.; Kulkarni, B. (2018) Indian Forester 144 (5) 465-470.
- Re-record and spore ultrastructure of Nosema melasomae Sidor & Jodal 1986, a microsporidian pathogen of Crysomela populi (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae). Yaman, M. (2018) Iranian Journal of Parasitology 13 (2) 244-250.
- Gene flow between divergent cereal- and grass-specific lineages of the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe oryzae. Gladieux, P.; Condon, B.; Ravel, S.; Soanes, D.; Maciel, J. L. N.; Nhani, A., Jr.; Chen Li; Terauchi, R.; Lebrun, M. H.; Tharreau, D.; Mitchell, T.; Pedley, K. F.; Valent, B.; Talbot, N. J.; Farman, M.; Fournier, E. (2018) mBio 9 (1) e01219-17.
- The distribution and status of alien plants in a small South African town. McLean, P.; Wilson, J. R. U.; Gaertner, M.; Kritzinger-Klopper, S.; Richardson, D. M. (2018) South African Journal of Botany 117 71-78.
- First report of invasive South American tomato leaf miner Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) in Tajikistan. Saidov, N.; Ramasamy Srinivasan; Mavlyanova, R.; Qurbonov, Z. (2018) Florida Entomologist 101 (1) 147-149.
- First record of Euplatypus parallelus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in China. Li You; Zhou Xiang; Lai ShengChang; Yin Tao; Ji YingChao; Wang ShuPing; Wang JianGuo; Hulcr, J. (2018) Florida Entomologist 101 (1) 141-143.
- Establishment of Alluaud’s little yellow ant, Plagiolepis alluaudi Emery (Hymenoptera: Formicidae: Formicinae): first continental new world record. Chouvenc, T.; Scheffrahn, R. H.; Warner, J. (2018) Florida Entomologist 101 (1) 138-140.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022