We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of sweet potato Badnavirus in South Africa. The first report of Arabis mosaic virus in rhubarb in Poland and the first report of maize yellow mosaic virus on corn in South Korea.
- Morphological and molecular characterisation of Longidorus pinus sp. n. (Nematoda: Longidoridae) from China and a key to known species of Longidorus in China. Xu YuMei; Ye WeiMin; Wang JianMing; Zhao ZengQi (2018) Nematology 20 (7) 617-639.
- Metschnikowia citriensis sp. nov., a novel yeast species isolated from leaves with potential for biocontrol of postharvest fruit rot. Liu Ye; Yao ShiXiang; Deng LiLi; Ming Jian; Zeng KaiFang (2018) Biological Control 125 15-19.
- Molecular characterization of a new badnavirus associated with streak symptoms on enset (Ensete ventricosum, Musaceae). Adane Abraham; Winter, S.; Richert-Pöggeler, K. R.; Menzel, W. (2018) Journal of Phytopathology 166 (7/8) 565-571.
- New Botryosphaeriales on native red milkwood (Mimusops caffra). Jami, F.; Marincowitz, S.; Slippers, B.; Wingfield, M. J. (2018) Australasian Plant Pathology 47 (5) 475-484.
- Sequence analysis and genomic organization of a new insect iflavirus, Sogatella furcifera honeydew virus 1. Wu Nan; Zhang PeiPei; Liu WenWen; Cao MengJi; Wang XiFeng (2018) Archives of Virology 163 (7) 2001-2003.
- First report of sweet potato Badnavirus A and sweet potato Badnavirus B in South Africa. Nhlapo, T. F.; Mulabisana, J. M.; Odeny, D. A.; Rey, M. E. C.; Rees, D. J. G. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (9) 1865.
- First report of maize yellow mosaic virus on Zea mays in South Korea. Lim, S.; Yoon, Y.; Jang, Y. W.; Bae, S.; Lee, Y. H.; Lee, B. C. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (9) 1864.
- Identification of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus-IR and associated Tomato leaf curl betasatellite infecting common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) in Oman. Shahid, M. S.; Al-Shihi, A. A.; Al-Sadi, A. M.; Briddon, R. W. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (9) 1864.
- A novel strain of the Begomovirus Tomato leaf curl Sudan virus infecting Datura stramonium in Sudan. Mohammed, H. S.; Siddig, M. A. E.; Hussein, A. A. E.; Navas-Castillo, J.; Fiallo-Olivé, E. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (9) 1863-1864.
- First report of Arabis mosaic virus in rhubarb in Poland. Komorowska, B.; Ptaszek, M.; Jarecka-Boncela, A.; Hasiów-Jaroszewska, B. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (9) 1863.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022