We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of the golden apple snail (Pomacea canaliculata) in Iraq, the first report of Ceratocephalus falcatus smut caused by Urocystis eranthidis and a new species of thrip (Genus: Odontothrips) in China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- New record of the golden apple snail Pomacea canaliculata in Iraq. Al-Jassany, R. F.; Al-Hassnawi, M. M. (2017) Arab Journal of Plant Protection 35 (1) 43-47.
- Alternate hosts of Iris yellow spot virus and trips on onion crops in Morelos and Michoacan, Mexico. Ávila-Alistac, N.; Ramírez-Rojas, S.; Lozoya-Saldaña, H.; Rebollar-Alviter, Á.; Guzmán-Plazola, R. A. (2017) Revista Mexicana de Fitopatología 35 (2) 242-262.
- Phytophthora caryae sp. nov., a new species recovered from streams and rivers in the eastern United States. Brazee, N. J.; Yang, X.; Hong, C. X. (2017) Plant Pathology 66 (5) 805-817.
- Characterization of Cytospora isolates from wood cankers of declining grapevine in North America, with the descriptions of two new Cytospora species. Lawrence, D. P.; Travadon, R.; Pouzoulet, J.; Rolshausen, P. E.; Wilcox, W. F.; Baumgartner, K. (2017) Plant Pathology 66 (5) 713-725.
- First report of Ceratocephalus falcatus smut caused by Urocystis eranthidis. Roumi, V.; Sharzei, A. (2017) Azarian Journal of Agriculture 4 (2) 24-28.
- Two new Leptographium spp. reveal an emerging complex of hardwood-infecting species in the Ophiostomatales. Jankowiak, R.; Strzałka, B.; Bilański, P.; Linnakoski, R.; Aas, T.; Solheim, H.; Groszek, M.; Beer, Z. W. de (2017) Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 110 (12) 1537-1553.
- Detection and characterization of Tomato spotted wilt virus infecting field and greenhouse-grown crops in Zimbabwe. Karavina, C.; Gubba, A. (2017) European Journal of Plant Pathology 149 (4) 933-944.
- Molecular characterization of viruses infecting canna in Russia. Zakubanskiy, A. V.; Mitrofanova, I. V.; Chirkov, S. N. (2017) European Journal of Plant Pathology 149 (4) 923-931.
- A new species in the genus Odontothrips Amyot & Serville, 1843 (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) from China. Hu QingLing; Feng JiNian (2017) Entomotaxonomia 39 (3) 176-180.
- Notes on the Tortricidae (Lepidoptera) of Fiji, with descriptions of a new species and a new subspecies. Clayton, J. (2017) Australian Entomologist 44 (3) 121-132.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020