Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the wild bananas that could help overcome TR4 Panama disease, the effect of El Niño on potato crops in Peru and the farmers in Tanzania who are being urged to grown drought resistant crops.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Indian onion growers advised on disease prevention
Fresh Plaza, 15th January 2016
- Philippines hit by Panama disease
Asiafruit, 12th January 2016
- Wild bananas could help overcome TR4
Eurofruit, 8th January 2016
- India: Measures to prevent spread root-wilt disease
Fresh Plaza, 8th January 2016
- Peru: El Niño affects Arequipa’s potato crops
Fresh Plaza, 7th January 2016
- Kenyan Regulator to Release Decision on GM Crops This Month
Crop Biotech Update, 6th January 2016
- Citrus greening disease threatens Florida’s oranges
Fresh Plaza, 6th January 2016
- Tanzania: Farmers Urged to Grow Drought Resistant CropsAllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 5th January 2016
- Zambia: ZNFU Tips Farmers on Crop GrowingAllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 5th January 2016
- Turkish tomato farmers suffer results of frost
Fresh Plaza, 5th January 2016
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a new record of brown marmorated stink bug in the Republic of Kazakhstan (photo © photochem_PA – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and dis…
6 January 2020