Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the damage to irrigation channels caused by Chilean earthquakes, the promotion of earthworms to improve soil fertility and boost crop yields in Zimbabwe, and a severe reduction in cereal production in Central America as a result of the El Niño.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Chilean earthquake damages irrigation channels
Fresh Fruit Portal, 23rd September 2015
- New resource will help growers manage the olive fruit fly
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 22nd September 2015
- Tissue Culture Banana: ‘wonder crop for Kenya’
Fresh Plaza, 22nd September 2015
- Heat wave slashes Spanish citrus crop
Eurofruit, 22nd September 2015
- Ethiopia’s coffee value chain: Evidence towards improved investments and policies
IFPRI info, 21st September 2015
- Earthworms helping smallholders increase crop yields
SciDev.Net, 15th September 2015
- Farmers lobby to boost E. African potato yields
Fresh Plaza, 15th September 2015
- Major crop losses in Central America due to El Niño
FAO News – Agriculture & crops, 14th September 2015
- East Africa: Climate-Smart Farming Boosting Food Security Around the Globe
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 14th September 2015
- Uganda: Using Modern Technologies to Plan Planting Seasons, Monitor Crop Production
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 9th September 2015
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
New study highlights positive impact of PlantwisePlus in Ghana on gender-inclusive agricultural extension services
A new study brief shares key findings on gender-inclusive agricultural extension services in Ghana by PlantwisePlus.
5 December 2023