Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the Giant African land snails invading Cuba, the debate over GM bananas in Uganda and a new report from the World Food Programme on connecting farmers to markets.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Essential Costa Rica, a small global power
Fresh Plaza, 24th February 2015
- Horticulture: the future of Senegalese agriculture
Fresh Plaza, 23rd February 2015
- Destructive myrtle rust plant disease spreads in Tasmania
ABC News – Pests, 23rd February 2015
- Rwanda: Farmers Acquire Solar Grain Dryers
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 23rd February 2015
- Giant African land snails invading Cuba
Environmental News Network, 20th February 2015
- Will Ugandan farmers get to plant GM banana?
Fresh Plaza, 20th February 2015
- Connecting Farmers to Markets: A New Report from World Food Programme
IFPRI info, 20th February 2015
- Effect of Residual Herbicides on Cover Crop Establishment
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, 20th February 2015
- One Month Since Malawi’s Disaster Declaration
World Food Programme – Malawi, 20th February 2015
- Rwanda: ‘Cool’ Image to Get Youth Into Farming
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 20th February 2015
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply