Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the Giant African land snails invading Cuba, the debate over GM bananas in Uganda and a new report from the World Food Programme on connecting farmers to markets.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Essential Costa Rica, a small global power
Fresh Plaza, 24th February 2015
- Horticulture: the future of Senegalese agriculture
Fresh Plaza, 23rd February 2015
- Destructive myrtle rust plant disease spreads in Tasmania
ABC News – Pests, 23rd February 2015
- Rwanda: Farmers Acquire Solar Grain Dryers
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 23rd February 2015
- Giant African land snails invading Cuba
Environmental News Network, 20th February 2015
- Will Ugandan farmers get to plant GM banana?
Fresh Plaza, 20th February 2015
- Connecting Farmers to Markets: A New Report from World Food Programme
IFPRI info, 20th February 2015
- Effect of Residual Herbicides on Cover Crop Establishment
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, 20th February 2015
- One Month Since Malawi’s Disaster Declaration
World Food Programme – Malawi, 20th February 2015
- Rwanda: ‘Cool’ Image to Get Youth Into Farming
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 20th February 2015
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a record of a new Schizomyia species in China (photo © Patrick Harvey – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abst…
5 December 2019