We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Turnip mosaic virus on garden nasturtium in Brazil, the occurrence of anthracnose on coloured capsicum under protected conditions and downy mildew of fenugreek in Iran caused by Peronospora trigonellae.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Turnip mosaic virus on Tropaeolum majus in Brazil.
Duarte, L. M. L.; Alexandre, M. A. V.; Chaves, A. L. R.; Canteli, A. R. A.; Ramos, A. F.; Harakava, R. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96 (3): 609
- Etiology and host range of bacterial leaf blight and necrosis of squash and muskmelon in Iran.
Sedighian, N.; Shams-Bakhsh, M.; Osdaghi, E.; Khodaygan, P. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96 (3):507-514
- Occurrence of anthracnose on coloured capsicum under protected conditions.
Meenu Gupta; Gupta, S. K. (2014) Indian Phytopathology 67 (3):316-317
- Fusarium branch blight on highbush blueberry in Argentina.
Wright, E. R.; Rivera, M. C.; Campanella, E. R.; Farinon, O. M.; Berretta, M. F.; Pérez, B. A. (2014) African Journal of Biotechnology 13 (51): 4628-4634
- Downy mildew of fenugreek in Iran caused by Peronospora trigonellae.
Mirzaee, M. R.; Doostali, E. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96 (3):605
- First report of stem and pod blight of hyacinth bean caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum in Bangladesh.
Prova, A.; Akanda, M. A. M.; Islam, S.; Sultana, F.; Islam, M. T.; Hossain, M. M. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96, (3): 607
- Diagnosis and damage of weevil pest Pagiophloeus tsushimanus on camphor tree.
Huang JunHao; Wu ShiYing; Gao Lei; Yang LuJing (2014) Journal of Zhejiang A&F University 31 (5):764-767
- First record of the subfamily Oxytorinae (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae) from Korea with descriptions of two new species.
Kasparyan, D. R.; Oh SeungHo; Choi GangWon; Lee JongWook (2014) Entomological Research 44 (6):315-322
- Three new species of Baeoentedon Girault (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) from China, with the first record of whitefly host association (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae).
Wang ZhuHong; Huang Jian; Polaszek, A. (2014) Zootaxa 3826 (3):591-600
- Characterization of pathogen responsible for infection in bhindi plant by using phytoplasma specific universal primers.
Richa Tiwari; Sudhanshu Tiwari; Upadhyaya, P. P. (2014) African Journal of Biotechnology 13 (51):4606-4611
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
Leave a Reply