Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a new disease resistant maize released for farmers in Kenya, bitter-sweet effects of rain on the Ivorian cocoa crop and how cheap mobiles phones are driving Myanmar’s farming revolution.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- New disease resistant maize released for Kenyan farmers
Standard Digital News, 19th September 2014
- Mfarmer SMS Redefines Market Access for Uganda Farmers
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 17th September 2014
- Cultura do Morango é discutida em Jornada Técnica
Embraca News – Brazil, 16th September 2014
- Boosting global corn yields depends on improving nutrient balance
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 16th September 2014
- Pragas e doenças em hortaliças é tema de curso em dois municípios
Embraca News – Brazil, 15th September 2014
- Rains boosts Ivorian cocoa crop, but disease concerns grow
Reuters, 15th September 2014
- Cheap mobiles drive Myanmar’s farming revolution
SciDev.Net, 15th September 2014
- Ghana’s Groundnuts
IFPRI info, 12th September 2014
- India: Torrential rain poses challenge to kharif crop in Punjab, Haryana
India TV News, 6th September 2014
- Climate change threatens to put the fight against hunger back by decades
Guardian Professional, 2nd September 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Crop App Index: search over 750 plant-health apps
The Crop App Index website helps users to find the plant-health apps and websites they need to answer their crop pest and disease questions. CABI recently added a further 200 websites and apps to the search tool. It now features over 750 different plan…
23 March 2023
Leave a Reply