We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the occurrence of Pectobacterium carotovorum subsp. carotovorum on banana pseudostems in the Brazillian state of Minas Gerais, fire blight disease on apricot and cherry plum in Hungary and identification of the pathogen causing eggplant powdery mildew in Qingdao, China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Introducing of some thrips species from Choqa-Sabz Forest Park, Ilam Province.
Mirab-Balou, M.; Nourollahi, K.; Radjabi, R. (2014) Persian Gulf Crop Protection 3 (2) 124-128
- Occurrence of Ralstonia solanacearum on olive tree in Brazil.
Tebaldi, N. D.; Leite, L. N.; Marque, J. M. de; Furlanetto, M. C. A.; Mota, L. C. B. M. (2014) Summa Phytopathologica 40 (2) 185.
- Occurrence of coal rot of sugarcane in Piauí and Maranhão.
Silva, G. S. da; Alcântara Neto, F. de; Leite, R. R.; Silva, K. C. da; Monteiro, M. M. de S.; de Oliveira, M. A. M. (2014) Summa Phytopathologica 40 (2) 187.
- Phaeoacremonium spp. and Botryosphaeriaceae spp. associated with date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) decline in Iran.
Mohammadi, H. (2014) Journal of Phytopathology 162 (9) 575-581.
- Occurrence of Pectobacterium carotovorum subsp. carotovorum on banana pseudostems in Minas Gerais.
Tebaldi, N. D.; Mota, L. C. B. M. (2014) Summa Phytopathologica 40 (2) 186.
- First record of the red gum lerp psyllid, Glycaspis brimblecombei Moore (Hemiptera Psyllidae), in Tunisia.
Attia, S. B.; Rapisarda, C. (2014) Phytoparasitica 42 (4) 535-539.
- Fire blight disease appeared on apricot (Prunus armeniaca 10/13 hybrid) and cherry plum (Prunus cerasifera ‘Nigra’) in Hungary.
Végh, A.; Palkovics, L. (2014) Növényvédelem 50 (7) 319-324.
- Identification of the pathogen in causing eggplant powdery mildew in Qingdao.
Yu Jing; Liang Chen; Xing HeHe (2014) Journal of Fungal Research 12 (2) 96-99, 106.
- Phytoparasitic nematodes associated with the cultivation of papaya (Carica papaya L.) in Colima, Mexico.
Martínez Gallardo, J. Á.; Díaz Valdés, T.; Allende Molar, R.; Ortiz Meza, J. A.; García Estrada, R. S.; Carrillo Fasio, J. A. (2014) Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Agrícolas 5 (2) 317-323.
- A new species and new records of cercosporoid fungi from ornamental plants in Taiwan.
Kirschner, R. (2014) Mycological Progress 13 (3) 483-491.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020