We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Diaporthe pseudomangiferae causing inflorescence rot, rachis, canker, and flower abortion of mango, the first report of mixed infection of Papaya ringspot virus and phytoplasma in papaya in India and fig fly occurrence in Rio Grande do Sul State.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Diaporthe pseudomangiferae causing inflorescence rot, rachis, canker, and flower abortion of mango.
Serrato-Diaz, L. M.; Rivera-Vargas, L. I.; French-Monar, R. D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 1004-1005.
- First report of target spot of cotton caused by Corynespora cassiicola in China.
Wei, Y. X.; Zhang, H.; Pu, J. J.; Liu, X. M. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 1006.
- Eriophyoid mites (Prostigmata: Eriophyoidea) associated with date palms: new record and a new species of the genus Acaphyllisa from Saudi Arabia.
Fahad, J. A.; Kamran, M.; Flechtmann, C. H. W. (2014) International Journal of Acarology 40 (4) 353-357.
- First report of Meloidogyne enterolobii on carrot in China.
Wang, Y. F.; Xiao, S.; Huang, Y. K.; Zhou, X.; Zhang, S. S.; Liu, G. K. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 1019.
- Fig fly occurrence in Rio Grande do Sul State and different fruit emergence.
Pasini, M. P. B.; Lúcio, A. D. (2014) Revista de Ciências Agrárias / Amazonian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences 57 (3) 318-321.
- Phenacoccus madeirensis (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae): a new species of mealybug in Tunisia.
Halima-Kamel, M. B.; Germain, J. F.; Mdellel, L.; Abdelaoui, K. (2014) Bulletin OEPP/EPPO Bulletin 44 (2) 176-178.
- First report of mixed infection of Papaya ringspot virus and phytoplasma in papaya in India.
Verma, R.; Gaikwad, P.; Mungekar, D.; Tripathi, S.; Datar, V.; Singh, J. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96 (2) 438.
- First detection of raspberry leaf blotch virus in red raspberry in Bulgaria.
Pleško, I. M.; Marn, M. V.; Lazarova, S.; Peneva, V.; Širca, S.; Urek, G. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96 (2) 437.
- First report of Curvularia lunata causing leaf spots on Sorghum bicolor from Pakistan.
Akram, W.; Anjum, T.; Ahmad, A.; Moeen, R. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 1007-1008.
- Occurrence of powdery mildew caused by Podosphaera clandestina on black cherry in Mexico.
Santiago-Santiago, V.; Tovar-Pedraza, J. M.; Ayala-Escobar, V.; Alanís-Martínez, E. I. (2014) Journal of Plant Pathology 96 (2) 438.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020