Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the varying effects of rain on crops in Ivory Coast, the discovery of wheat genes that control boron tolerance and the projects managed by FAO that aim to improve food security in Africa.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Weather brings low mango harvest in Cayman Islands, Carribbean
Fresh Plaza, 14th July 2014
- Australia: Future of virus-affected canola still unknown
ABC Rural, 8th July 2014
- India: Banana growers can breathe easy
Fresh Plaza, 7th July 2014
- Africa: FAO Projects to Boost Regional Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 6th July 2014
- Old ways help modern maize to defend itself
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 3rd July 2014
- Boron tolerance discovery for higher wheat yields
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 2nd July 2014
- Kenya: Government debates GMO ban
Fresh Plaza, 2nd July 2014
- Malawi: Responsible Land Governance Critical in Combating Food Insecurity
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 1st July 2014
- Rains boost Ivory Coast cocoa main crop, could harm mid-crop
Reuters, 30th June 2014
- India: Crop calendars for Bengal farmers
Business Standard News, 23rd June 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.