We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of bacterial leaf blight of jute caused by Xanthomonas campestris pv. capsularii in India, the molecular characterization of a novel victorivirus from the entomopathogenic fungus Beauveria bassiana and the first report of phomopsis blight of eggplants in Egypt.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of bacterial leaf blight of jute (Corchorus capsularis L.) caused by Xanthomonas campestris pv. capsularii in India.
Chinmay Biswas; Piyali Dey; Subrata Satpathy (2014) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 47 (13) 1600-1602.
- First report of phomopsis blight of eggplants in Egypt.
Haggag, W. M. (2014)International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research 2 (5) 835.
- First report of infection of cherry rusty mottle associated virus in Portuguese laurel (Prunus lusitanica) in Washington State.
Villamor, D. E. V.; Ward, K. F.; Collman, S. J.; Eastwell, K. C. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 699-700.
- Crepis foetida L. – new host plant of Cixiid planthopper Hyalesthes obsoletus Signoret 1865 (Hemiptera: Cixiidae), vector of stolbur phytoplasma.
Kosovac, A.; Jakovljevic´, M.; Krstic´, O.; Cvrkovic´, T.; Mitrovic´, M.; Toševski, I.; Jovic´, J. (2014) Zaštita Bilja 65 (1) 7-14.
- Downy mildew (Peronospora camelinae Gaum. syn. Peronospora parasitica) (Pers. Tul) – first recorded on camelina (Camelina sativa) in Bucharest area.
Cristea, S.; Manole, M. S. (2014) Romanian Biotechnological Letters 19 (2) 9280-9282.
- First report of the rook-knot nematode, Meloidogyne hispanica, infecting sunflower in Greece.
Tzortzakakis, E. A.; Anastasiadis, A. I.; Simoglou, K. B.; Cantalapiedra-Navarrete, C.; Palomares-Rius, J. E.; Castillo, P. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 703.
- Current situation and characterization of Pseudomonas syringae pv.actinidiae on kiwifruit in Galicia (northwest Spain).
Abelleira, A.; Ares, A.; Aguín, O.; Picoaga, A.; López, M. M.; Mansilla, P. (2104) Plant Pathology 63 (3) 691-699.
- The invasive gall wasp Quadrastichus erythrinae (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) in South America: is classical biological control needed?
Culik, M. P.; Martins, D. dos S.; Ventura, J. A.; Costa, V. A. (2014) Biocontrol Science and Technology24 (8) 971-975.
- Observations on the overwintering of the bark beetle, Phloeosinus aubei, its spread in Hungary, and on the role of thuja volatiles.
Bozsik, G.; Zsolnai, B.; Both, G.; Szőcs, G.; Francke, W. (2014) Növényvédelem 50 (5) 209-213.
- Molecular characterization of a novel victorivirus from the entomopathogenic fungus Beauveria bassiana.
Yie SeWon; Khalifa, M. E.; Hahn, T.; Pearson, M. N. (2014) Archives of Virology 159 (6) 1321-1327.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply