We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include Phytophthora cinnamomi in the rhizosphere of agricultural crops in southern Bahia (Brazil), the first report of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense tropical race 4 associated with Panama disease of banana outside Southeast Asia and the first report of ‘Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus’ associated with Huanglongbing on Persian lime in Martinique and Guadeloupe.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of leaf blight of rice caused by Cochliobolus lunatus in China.
Liu, L. M.; Huang, S. W.; Wang, L.; Hou, E. Q.; Xiao, D. F. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 686-687.
- Characterization and pathogenicity of fungal pathogens associated with root diseases of citrus in Oman.
Al-Sadi, A. M.; Al-Ghaithi, A. G.; Al-Fahdi, N.; Al-Yahyai, R. (2014) International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 16 (2) 371-376.
- First report of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense tropical race 4 associated with Panama disease of banana outside Southeast Asia.
García-Bastidas, F.; Ordóñez, N.; Konkol, J.; Al-Qasim, M.; Naser, Z.; Abdelwali, M.; Salem, N.; Ploetz, R. C.; Kema, G. H. J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 694.
- Glomerella cingulata isolated from juçara (Euterpe edulis) fruits in the Mata Atlântica area in Paraty (Rio de Janeiro) and Ubatuba (Sao Paulo).
Poltronieri, T. P. de S.; Azevedo, L. A. S. de; Verzignassi, J. R.; da Silva, D. E. M. (2014) Summa Phytopathologica 40 (1) 88-89.
- A new isolate of Eclipta yellow vein virus along with a betasatellite associated wity yellow vein leaf curl disease of Andrographis paniculata in India.
Khan, A.; Samad, A. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 698-699.
- Phytophthora cinnamomi in the rhizosphere of agricultural crops in southern Bahia.
Santos, M. V. O. dos; Araújo, D. C. S. de; Magalhães, D. M. A.; Silva, S. D. V. M.; Paim, M. C. A. (2014) Summa Phytopathologica 40 (1) 92.
- First report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf spots of tea (Camellia sinensis) in China.
Zhou, L. X.; Xu, W. X. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 697.
- First report of ‘Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus’ associated with Huanglongbing on Citrus latifolia in Martinique and Guadeloupe, French West Indies.
Cellier, G.; Moreau, A.; Cassam, N.; Hostachy, B.; Ryckewaert, P.; Aurela, L.; Picard, R.; Lombion, K.; Rioualec, A. L. (2014) Plant Disease98 (5) 683-684.
- First report of Pestalotiopsis species causing leaf spot of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) in India.
Mahadevakumar, S.; Janardhana, G. R. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (5) 686.
- Sarucallis kahawaluokalani (Kirkaldy) (Hemiptera: Aphididae), a new invasive aphid on San Andres island and mainland Colombia, with notes on other adventive species.
Kondo, T.; Simbaqueba Cortés, R. (2014) Insecta Mundi0362, 1-10.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticides in tea: How can we manage tea pests more naturally, avoiding harmful pesticides?
On International Tea Day, we look at how we can reduce pesticides in tea. Tea is the second most widely consumed beverage in the world, after water. It’s estimated that people drink around three billion cups every day. But tea plantations are under thr…
19 May 2023
Leave a Reply