We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the identification of Dickeya zeae as a causal agent of bacterial soft rot in banana in China, the natural occurrence of entomophthoroid fungi of aphid pests on alfalfa in Argentina and the identification of insect vectors of Rice yellow mottle virus (RYMV) in Benin.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Identification and characterization of a distinct banana bunchy top virus isolate of Pacific-Indian Oceans group from North-East India.
Amrita Banerjee; Somnath Roy; Behere, G. T.; Roy, S. S.; Dutta, S. K.; Ngachan, S. V. (2014) Virus Research 183, 41-49.
- Postharvest rot and mummification of strawberry fruits caused by Neofusicoccum parvum and N. kwambonambiense in Brazil.
Lopes, U. P.; Zambolim, L.; Pinho, D. B.; Barros, A. V.; Costa, H.; Pereira, O. L. (2014) Tropical Plant Pathology 39 (2) 178-183.
- Identification of insect vectors of Rice yellow mottle virus (RYMV) in Benin.
Koudamiloro, A.; Nwilene, F. E.; Silue, D.; Togola, A.; Oyetunji, O.; Sere, Y.; Akogbeto, M. (2014) Journal of Entomology 11 (3) 153-162.
- Plant-parasitic nematodes associated with walnut in the Sanandej region of west Iran.
Bahmani, J.; Khozeini, F.; Barooti, S.; Rezaee, S.; Ghaderi, R. (2013) Journal of Plant Protection Research 53 (4) 404-408.
- Apple blossom weevil in organic apple orchards in Hungary and the possible control methods.
Sipos, P.; Marko, V. (2014) Növényvédelem 50 (3) 105-113.
- Naphthoquinone spiroketals and organic extracts from the endophytic fungus Edenia gomezpompae as potential herbicides.
Macías-Rubalcava, M. L.; Ruiz-Velasco Sobrino, M. E.; Meléndez-González, C.; Hernández-Ortega, S. (2014) Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 62 (16) 3553-3562.
- Colletotrichum fructicola and C. siamense are involved in chilli anthracnose in India.
Gunjan Sharma; Shenoy, B. D. (2014) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 47 (10) 1179-1194.
- First record of a phytoplasma associated with faba bean (Vicia faba L.) witches’-broom in Egypt.
Hamed, A. H.; El-Attar, A. K.; El-Banna, O. H. M. (2014) International Journal of Virology 10 (2) 129-135.
- Natural occurrence of entomophthoroid fungi of aphid pests onMedicago sativa L. in Argentina.
Manfrino, R. G.; Zumoffen, L.; Salto, C. E.; López Lastra, C. C. (2014) Revista Argentina de Microbiología 46 (1) 49-52.
- Identification of Dickeya zeae as a causal agent of bacterial soft rot in banana in China.
Zhang JingXin; Shen HuiFang; Pu XiaoMing; Lin BiRun; Hu, J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (4) 436-442.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022