We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of a ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma Ziziphi’- related strain associated with peach decline disease in India, molecular and morphological characterisation of Scutellonema bradys from yam in Costa Rica and the first report of apple collar rot incited by Sclerotium rolfsii in Tunisia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- A new record of leaf spot caused by Xanthomonas campestris inTinospora cordifolia in India.
Achar, K. G. S.; Parashurama, T. R.; Shivanna, M. B. (2014) International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 3 (1) 269-273.
- Morphometrics of a population of Longidorus juvenilis and a female of L. laevicapitatus, both species found for the first time in Argentina.
Azpilicueta, C.; Chaves, E. (2013) Nematropica 43 (2) 271-275.
- First report of a ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma Ziziphi’- related strain associated with peach decline disease in India.
Khan, J. A.; Kumar, J.; Thakur, P. D.; Handa, A.; Jarial, K. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (4) Supplement S4.76.
- Detection of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. dianthi races in Iran.
Zahiri, P.; Zamanizadeh, H. R.; Morid, B. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (4) Supplement S4.72.
- First report of Lasiodiplodia theobromae causing inflorescence blight and fruit rot of longan (Dimocarpus longan L.) in Puerto Rico.
Serrato-Diaz, L. M.; Rivera-Vargas, L. I.; Goenaga, R.; French-Monar, R. D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 279.
- Molecular and morphological characterisation of Scutellonema bradysfrom yam in Costa Rica and development of specific primers for its detection.
Humphreys-Pereira, D. A.; Williamson, V. M.; Lee, S.; Coyne, D. L.; Salazar, L.; Gómez-Alpízar, L. (2014) Nematology 16 (2) 137-147.
- First report of apple collar rot incited by Sclerotium rolfsii in Tunisia.
Kalai-Grami, L.; Mnari-Hattab, M.; Terres, R.; Dridi, M.; Hajlaoui, M. R. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (4) Supplement S4.71.
- First report of leaf blight disease of Curcuma wenyujin caused byTrichoderma koningiopsis in China.
Qian, Y. S.; Cai, S.; Huo, Y. N.; Mao, P. P.; Wang, H. Z.; Wu, J. B. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (4) Supplement S4.77.
- Phenology of galls on Persea bombycina along with record of a new gall forming insect Ormyrus sp. nov. (Hymenoptera: Ormyridae) in Assam.
Dhanalakhi Gogoi; Joya Bhattacharjee; Badal Bhattacharyya (2013) Journal of Entomological Research 37 (4) 345-346.
- First report of Pestalotiopsis clavispora causing postharvest fruit rot of loquat in Spain.
Palou, L.; Montesinos-Herrero, C.; Guardado, A.; Taberner, V. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (4) Supplement S4.69.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022