Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the use of Stink Bug saliva in pest control, FAO’s article on empowering women in agriculture and new research into the delayed resistance of pests to Bt crops.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Disease Ravages Tanzania Crops
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 10th March 2014
- Aflatoxin Contamination Poses Huge Challenge to Food Safety
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 9th March 2014
- Inspiring change for rural women in Bangladesh through the use of agricultural biodiversity
Bioversity International, 7th March 2014
- Empowering women in agriculture
FAO News – Agriculture & crops, 7th March 2014
- Africa: Crop Pests ‘Vastly Underestimated’ Warns Study
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 6th March 2014
- Predators delay pest resistance to Bt crops
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 4th March 2014
- Namibia: Low Pressure Drip Irrigation the Way Forward for Small Farmers
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 4th March 2014
- Entomologists update definitions to tackle resistance to biotech crops and pesticides
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 2nd March 2014
- Stink Bug Saliva Proteins Used To Control Pests
redOrbit, 27th February 2014
- Sensor-based irrigation systems show potential to increase greenhouse profitability
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 25th February 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts includes two new species of weevil in the Philippines. (Photo: Pexels) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include repo…
9 October 2019