We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of leaf blight of mint caused by the fungus Helminthosporium spiciferum, the first occurrence of fire blight on apricots in Hungary and the first report of Tomato rugose yellow leaf curl virus infecting tomato in Argentina.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Helminthosporium spiciferum (Bainer) Nicot on mint (Mentha arvensis).
Deepak Kumar; Vikas Gupta; Verma, V. S. (2013) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 8 (1) 73-74.
- Thyrostroma carpophilum causing apricot shot-hole in Mexico.
Tovar-Pedraza, J. M.; Ayala-Escobar, V.; Segura-León, O. L. (2013) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 8 (1) 31-33.
- First report of papaya fruit anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum brevisporum in Brazil.
Vieira, W. A. S.; Nascimento, R. J.; Michereff, S. J.; Hyde, K. D.; Câmara, M. P. S. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (12) 1659-1660.
- First report of Chilli veinal mottle virus in Naga chilli (Capsicum chinense) in Meghalaya, India.
Amrita Banerjee; Ram Dutta; Somnath Roy; Ngachan, S. V. (2014) Indian Journal of Virology 25 (1) 142-143.
- Meloidogyne javanica and M. arenaria on calla (Zantedeschia aethiopica) in Brazil.
Machado, A. C. Z.; Silva, S. A.; Dorigo, O. F.; Mattei, D. (2013) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 8 (1) 131-132.
- First report of Tomato rugose yellow leaf curl virus infecting tomato in Argentina.
Guerrero, E. B.; Francesco, A. de; García, M. L.; Balatti, P. A.; Dal Bó, E. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (12) 1662.
- First report of ‘Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum’ infecting eggplant in Honduras.
Munyaneza, J. E.; Sengoda, V. G.; Aguilar, E.; Bextine, B. R.; McCue, K. F. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (12) 1654.
- First occurence of fire blight on apricot (Prunus armeniaca) in Hungary.
Végh, A.; Palkovics, L. (2013) Notulae Botanicae, Horti Agrobotanici, Cluj-Napoca 41 (2) 440-443.
- Root rot of Chinese jujube (Ziziphus jujuba) caused by Cytospora sacculus in China.
Du, Q.; Zhao, S. F.; Wu, C. L.; Kong, L.; Zhang, P. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (12) 1661.
- First report of powdery mildew on Dahlia (Dahlia variabilis) caused by Golovinomyces cichoracearum in Lahore, Pakistan.
Irum Mukhtar; Sobia Mustaq; Ibatsam Khokhar (2013) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 8 (1) 1-3.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply