We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Curtobacterium flaccumfaciens pv. flaccumfaciens on soybean in Brazil, the first report of Iris Yellow Spot Virus infecting onion in Pakistan and the occurrence of anthracnose on chickpea in Malaysia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of watermelon mosaic virus naturally infecting Cucumis anguria.
Gustavo, R.; Lecoq, H.; Desbiez, C. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (11) 1515.
- First report of “Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum” on tomato in Honduras.
Aguilar, E.; Sengoda, V. G.; Bextine, B.; McCue, K. F.; Munyaneza, J. E. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (10) 1375-1376.
- First report of Curtobacterium flaccumfaciens pv. flaccumfaciens on soybean in Brazil.
Soares, R. M.; Fantinato, G. G. P.; Darben, L. M.; Marcelino-Guimarães, F. C.; Seixas, C. D. S.; Carneiro, G. E. de S. (2013) Tropical Plant Pathology 38 (5) 452-454.
- First report of Grapevine yellow speckle viroid-1 and Hop stunt viroidinfecting grapevines (Vitis vinifera) in India.
Sahana, A. B.; Adkar-Purushothama, C. R.; Chennappa, G.; Zhang, Z. X.; Sreenivasa, M. Y.; Sano, T. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (11) 1517.
- First report of Iris yellow spot virus infecting onion in Pakistan.
Iftikhar, R.; Bag, S.; Ashfaq, M.; Pappu, H. R. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (11) 1517.
- Presence of orange rust on sugarcane in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil.
Chaves, A.; Simões Neto, D. E.; Dutra Filho, J. de A.; Oliveira, A. C. de; Rodrigues, W. D. de L.; Pedrosa, E. M. R.; Borges, V. J. L.; França, P. R. P. de (2013) Tropical Plant Pathology 38 (5) 443-446.
- First report of two distinct phytoplasma species, ‘Candidatusphytoplasma cynodontis’ and ‘Candidatus phytoplasma asteris,’ simultaneously associated with yellow decline of Wodyetia bifurcata (foxtail palm) in Malaysia.
Naderali, N.; Nejat, N.; Tan, Y. H.; Vadamalai, G. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (11) 1504-1505.
- First report of Squash vein yellowing virus affecting watermelon and bitter gourd in Puerto Rico.
Acevedo, V.; Rodrigues, J. C. V.; Jensen, C. E. de; Webster, C. G.; Adkins, S.; Wessel-Beaver, L. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (11) 1516.
- Occurrence of anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum truncatum on chickpea (Cicer arietinum) in Malaysia.
Mahmodi, F.; Kadir, J. B.; Nasehi, A.; Puteh, A. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (11) 1507.
- First record of Dorisiana viridis (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) on macadamia nut (Proteales: Proteaceae) in Brazil.
Santos-Cividanes, T. M.; Suguino, E.; Cividanes, F. J.; Martinelli, N. M.; Martins, A. N.; Perdoná, M. J. (2013) Florida Entomologist 96 (3) 1221-1223.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply