We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Zucchini yellow mosaic virus infecting Gherkin (Cucumis anguira) in India, the invasive neotropical ambrosia beetle Platypus parallelus in the Oriental region and its pest status, and non-host facilitators, a new category that unexpectedly favours parasitic weeds.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- The invasive neotropical ambrosia beetle Euplatypus parallelus(Fabricius, 1801) in the Oriental region and its pest status (Coleoptera: Curculionidae, Platypodinae).
Beaver, R. A. (2013) Entomologist’s Monthly Magazine 149 (1790-92) 143-154.
- New species of Phyllophaga Harris (Coleoptera: Melolonthidae; Melolonthinae) from the Mixteca Oaxaqueña, Mexico.
Morón, M. Á.; Hernández-Cruz, J. (2013) Dugesiana 20 (1) 55-59.
- First report of Alternaria necrosis of Berberis vulgaris in Iran.
Jahani, M.; Alemzadeh, E.; Rezaei, O. M.; Alemzadeh, E. (2013) International Journal of AgriScience 3 (10) 743-745.
- Non-host facilitators, a new category that unexpectedly favours parasitic weeds.
Gibot-Leclerc, S.; Abdennebi-Abdemessed, N.; Reibel, C.; Colbach, N. (2013) Agronomy for Sustainable Development 33 (4) 787-793.
- A plant nitrophily index based on plant leaf area response to soil nitrogen availability.
Moreau, D.; Milard, G.; Munier-Jolain, N. (2013) Agronomy for Sustainable Development 33 (4) 809-815.
- First report of Zucchini yellow mosaic virus infecting Gherkin (Cucumis anguira) in India.
Johnson, A. M. A.; Vidya, T.; Papaiah, S.; Srinivasulu, M.; Bikash Mandal; Gopal, D. V. R. S. (2013) Indian Journal of Virology 24 (2) 289-290.
- Pathogen identification from soft rot disease of onion bulbs in Jiayuguan, Gansu province.
Lv HePing; Wei Hui; Qi YongHong; Zhang YanMei; Cao SuFang; Yang FaRong; Li MinQuan; Shen HuiMin (2013) Acta Prataculturae Sinica 22 (4) 153-159.
- Fusarium miscanthi and other Fusarium species as causal agents of Miscanthus × giganteus rhizome rot.
Scauflaire, J.; Gourgue, M.; Foucart, G.; Renard, F.; Vandeputte, F.; Munaut, F. (2013) European Journal of Plant Pathology 137 (1) 1-3.
- Identification of a new species of Cercospora causing leaf spot disease in Capsicum assamicum in northeastern India.
Meghvansi, M. K.; Khan, M. H.; Rajeev Gupta; Vijay Veer (2013) Research in Microbiology 164 (9) 894-902.
- Occurrence of Leptocybe invasa (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) in eucalyptus seedlings in the State of Parana, Brazil.
Rinaldi, D. A. M. da F.; Barbosa, L. R.; Wilcken, C. F.; Zaché, B.; Araújo, M. M.; Carvalho, R. C. Z. de (2013) Pesquisa Florestal Brasileira 33 (75) 327-330.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Even during the COVID lockdown, news channels buzzed in Bangladesh on the arrival of swarms of an unknown pest that were partially covering mango and guava crops, and some forest trees in Teknaf Upazila, Cox’s Bazar District. The Ministry of Agricultur…
13 May 2020