We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new rust species and hosts from Northern Pakistan, Colletotrichum species associated with cultivated citrus in China and the identification and comparison of Botryosphaeriaceae species associated with dieback and stem-end rot of mango in Northeastern Brazil.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First detection of Cotton leaf curl burewala virus and cognate Cotton leaf curl Multan betasatellite and Gossypium darwinii symptomless alphasatellite in symptomatic Luffa cylindrica in Pakistan.
Zia-ur-Rehman, M.; Herrmann, H. W.; Hameed, U.; Haider, M. S.; Brown, J. K. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (8) 1122.
- Diaporthe species occurring on citrus in China.
Huang Feng; Hou Xin; Dewdney, M. M.; Fu YuShi; Chen GuoQing; Hyde, K. D.; Li HongYe (2013) Fungal Diversity 61 (1) 237-250.
- Additions to the smut fungi of Pakistan. 2.
Denchev, C. M.; Muhammad Fiaz; Denchev, T. T.; Khalid, A. N.; Habib Ahmad (2013) Mycotaxon 123, 255-260.
- What are the common anthracnose pathogens of tropical fruits?
Udayanga, D.; Manamgoda, D. S.; Liu XingZhong; Chukeatirote, E.; Hyde, K. D. (2013) Fungal Diversity 61 (1) 165-179.
- Botryosphaeria, Neofusicoccum, Neoscytalidium and Pseudofusicoccum species associated with mango in Brazil.
Marques, M. W.; Lima, N. B.; Morais Júnior, M. A. de; Michereff, S. J.; Phillips, A. J. L.; Câmara, M. P. S. (2013) Fungal Diversity 61 (1) 195-208.
- Five Colletotrichum species are responsible for mango anthracnose in northeastern Brazil.
Lima, N. B.; Batista, M. V. de A.; Morais Júnior, M. A. de; Barbosa, M. A. G.; Michereff, S. J.; Hyde, K. D.; Câmara, M. P. S. (2013) Fungal Diversity 61 (1) 75-88.
- New rust species and hosts from Northern Areas of Pakistan.
Saba, M.; Khalid, A. N. (2013) Mycotaxon 123, 147-155
- Pseudomonas asturiensis sp. nov., isolated from soybean and weeds.
González, A. J.; Cleenwerck, I.; Vos, P. de; Fernández-Sanz, A. M. (2013) Systematic and Applied Microbiology 36 (5) 320-324.
- The ApMat marker can resolve Colletotrichum species: a case study with Mangifera indica.
Gunjan Sharma; Navinder Kumar; Weir, B. S.; Hyde, K. D.; Shenoy, B. D. (2013) Fungal Diversity 61 (1) 117-138.
- Colletotrichum species associated with cultivated citrus in China.
Huang, F.; Chen, G. Q.; Hou, X.; Fu, Y. S.; Cai, L.; Hyde, K. D.; Li, H. Y. (2013) Fungal Diversity 61 (1) 61-74.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
Leave a Reply