We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Cherry leaf roll virus in Darrow’s Blueberry (Vaccinium darrowii), the first report of fruit stem anthracnose of Kiwifruit caused by Glomerella septospora in China and a new genus and species of leaf miner for Chile associated to the native tree Lithraea caustica.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Leptosphaeria biglobosa as a stem canker pathogen of brassicas in New Zealand.
Lob, S.; Jaspers, M. V.; Ridgway, H. J.; Jones, E. E. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (8) 1113-1114.
- A new genus and species of leaf miner (Lepidoptera, Gracillariidae) for Chile associated to the native tree Lithraea caustica.
Mundaca, E. A.; Parra, L. E.; Vargas, H. A. (2013) Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 57 (2) 157-164.
- First report of Cherry leaf roll virus in Vaccinium darrowii.
Woo, E. N. Y.; Ward, L. I.; Pearson, M. N. (2013) New Disease Reports 27 p. 16.
- New report of Lolium multiflorum and Rumex crispus as weed hosts of epiphytic populations of Pseudomonas sp., causal agent of yellow bud in onions in Georgia, USA.
Dutta, B.; Gitaitis, R.; Lewis, K. J.; Booth, C.; Langston, D.; Webster, T. M.; Riner, C. M.; Edenfield, J. D. (2013) New Disease Reports 27 p. 18.
- First report of Thielaviopsis paradoxa causing palm fruit rot of Butia capitata in Uruguay.
Gepp, V.; Hernández, L.; Alaniz, S.; Zaccari, F. (2013) New Disease Reports 27 p. 12.
- Calycomyza hyptidis Spencer (Diptera, Agromyzidae): descriptions, redescriptions and first record in Ocimum basilicum (Lamiaceae) in Brazil.
Santos, M. V. O. dos; Magalhães, D. M. A.; Cerqueira, A. de O.; Gramacho, K. P.; Luz, E. D. M. N. (2013) Summa Phytopathologica 39 (2) 144.
- First detection of Cotton leaf curl burewala virus and cognate Cotton leaf curl Multan betasatellite and Gossypium darwinii symptomless alphasatellite in symptomatic Luffa cylindrica in Pakistan.
Zia-ur-Rehman, M.; Herrmann, H. W.; Hameed, U.; Haider, M. S.; Brown, J. K. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (8) 1122.
- First report of fruit stem anthracnose of Kiwifruit caused by Glomerella septospora in China.
Li, C.; Jiang, J. X. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (8) 1115-1116.
- Characterization of Diaporthe australafricana and Diaporthe spp. associated with stem canker of blueberry in Chile.
Elfar, K.; Torres, R.; Díaz, G. A.; Latorre, B. A. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (8) 1042-1050.
- First report of Calonectria hongkongensis causing fruit rot of rambutan (Nephelium lappaceum).
Serrato-Diaz, L. M.; Latoni-Brailowsky, E. I.; Rivera-Vargas, L. I.; Goenaga, R.; Crous, P. W.; French-Monar, R. D. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (8) 1117.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>34,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020