Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including two new types of coffee rust found in Costa Rica, the release of two extra-early maturing white maize Hybrids in Nigeria and the farmers who are diversifying their crops to increase resilience to climate change.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Mexico: A gene from spinach helps citrus resist disease
Fresh Plaza, 27th August 2013
- Colombia: Banana fibre to compete with glass and carbon fibre
Fresh Plaza, 26th August 2013
- Two New Types of Coffee Rust Found in Costa Rica
Tico Times, 23rd August 2013
- Peru explores Asian papaya variety for disease resistance
Fresh Fruit Portal, 22nd August 2013
- Gambia: Towards Food Self-Sufficiency
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 19th August 2013
- Nigeria releases two extra-early maturing white maize hybrids
IITA News, 17th August 2013
- Africa: Pesticide Risks Need More Research and Regulation
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 15th August 2013
- Farmers Increasing Resilience to Climate Change by Diversifying Crops
Environmental News Network, 15th August 2013
- How will crops fare under climate change? Depends on how you ask
EurekAlert, 14th August 2013
- Madagascar: Eating Locusts No Substitute for Madagascar’s Lost Rice Harvests
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 14th August 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.