We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new species of rust fungus from India, the occurrence of Sclerotium rolfsii causing collar rot to Peperomia glabella in Argentina and the first report of the giant stem nematode Ditylenchus gigas from broad bean in Iran.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Physopella hiratsukae (Syd.) Cummins & Ramachar – a new species record of rust fungus from India. Rashmi Dubey; Moonnambeth, N. A. (2013), Journal on New Biological Reports, 2, 2, pp 124-126.
- First records of the western conifer seed bug Leptoglossus occidentalis Heid. (Heteroptera, Coreidae) from Russia and Ukraine, regularities in its distribution and possibilities of its range expansion in the Palaearctic Region. Gapon, D. A.; Izdatel’stvo Nauka, (2012), Ėntomologicheskoe Obozrenie, 91, 3, pp 559-568
- Association of Geotrichumcitri-Aurantii with citrus fruits decay in Iran. Nazerian, E.; Alian, Y. M.; (2013), International Journal of Agronomy and Plant Production, 4, 8, pp 1839-1843
- Occurrence of Sclerotium rolfsii causing collar rot to Peperomia glabella in Argentina. Cúndom, M. A.; Gutiérrez, S. A.; Cabrera, M. G.; (2013), Summa Phytopathologica, 39, 2, pp 142
- First report of Fusarium sambucinum associated on Pinus elliottii seeds in Brazil. Maciel, C. G.; Muniz, M. F. B.; Milanesi, P. M.; Lazarotto, M.; Blume, E.; Harakawa, R.; Reiniger, L. R. S.; Hamann, F. A.; (2013), Plant Disease, 97, 7, pp 995
- First report of the giant stem nematode, Ditylenchus gigas, from broad bean in Iran. Maafi, Z. T.; Taheri, Z. M.; Subbotin, S. A.; (2013), Plant Disease, 97, 7, pp 1005-1006
- First report of Meloidogyne marylandi infecting Bermudagrass in Costa Rica. Salazar, L.; Gómez, M.; Flores, L.; Gómez-Alpízar, L.; (2013), Plant Disease, 97, 7, pp 1005
- First report of Cucurbit chlorotic yellows virus infecting cucumber, melon, and squash in Iran. Bananej, K.; Menzel, W.; Kianfar, N.; Vahdat, A.; Winter, S.; (2013), Plant Disease, 97, 7, pp 1005
- New crop hosts for Phytophthora nicotianae. Santos, M. V. O. dos; Magalhães, D. M. A.; Cerqueira, A. de O.; Gramacho, K. P.; Luz, E. D. M. N.; (2013), Summa Phytopathologica, 39, 2, pp 144
- First report of Colletotrichum fructicola causing bitter rot of pear (Pyrus bretschneideri) in China. Li, H. N.; Jiang, J. J.; Hong, N.; Wang, G. P.; Xu, W. X.; (2013), Plant Disease, 97, 7, pp 1000
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here(>34,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020