We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include fungi associated with boll and lint rot of cotton in Iran, leaf spot-causing pathogen Nigrospora sphaerica found on mango for the first time and Bursaphelenchus koreanus found in packaging wood from South Korea.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Occurrence of rice infection by Bipolaris sorokiniana in Iran.
Naeimi, S.; Khosravi, V.; Tsukiboshi, T. (2012) Iranian Journal of Plant Pathology 47 (4) Pe353-Pe360, En123-En125.
- Agistemus aimogastaensis sp. n. (Acari, Actinedida, Stigmaeidae), a recently discovered predator of eriophyid mites Aceria oleae and Oxycenus maxwelli, in olive orchards in Argentina.
Leiva, S.; Fernandez, N.; Theron, P.; Rollard, C. (2013) ZooKeys 312, 65-78.
- Bursaphelenchus koreanus sp. n. (Nematoda: Parasitaphelenchidae) in packaging wood from South Korea.
Gu JianFeng; Wang JiangLing; Chen XianFeng (2013) Nematology 15 (5) 601-609.
- A new species of cecidomyiid (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) predator of scale insect (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) pests of pineapple.
Culik, M. P.; Ventura, J. A. (2013) Acta Phytopathologica et Entomologica Hungarica 48 (1) 129-134.
- Names of fungal species with the same epithet applied to different morphs: how to treat them.
Hawksworth, D. L.; McNeill, J.; Beer, Z. W. de; Wingfield, M. J. (2013) IMA Fungus 4 (1) 53-56.
- Pests and diseases that affect white basil (Ocimum basilicum) growing under protected conditions.
Bernal Areces, B.; DeronceléCaigñet, R.; Díaz Pérez, T. (2012) Fitosanidad 16 (2) 87-89.
- A new host record of Nigrospora sphaerica on Mangifera indica from Jabalpur, India.
Amit Pandey; Sneha Pandey; Awasthi, A. K.; Jamaluddin (2013) Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology 43 (2) 255-256.
- Identification of fungal species associated with cladode spot of prickly pear and their sensitivity to chitosan.
Flores-Flores, R.; Velázquez-del Valle, M. G.; León-Rodriguez, R.; Flores-Moctezuma, H. E.; Hernández-Lauzardo, A. N. (2013) Journal of Phytopathology 161 (7/8) 544-552.
- First report of Phomopsis amygdali (Del.) tuset & portilla causing galls on common hazel (Corylus avellana) twigs in Iran.
Mirabolfathy, M.; Hoseinian, L.; Moghadam, A. M. (2013) Iranian Journal of Plant Pathology 49 (1) Pe133-Pe133, En43-En45.
- Fungi associated with boll and lint rot of cotton in Southern Khorasan province of Iran.
Mirzaee, M. R.; Heydari, A.; Zare, R.; Naraghi, L.; Sabzali, F.; Hasheminasab, M. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (11) 1285-1294.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>34,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022