Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including reports of citrus greening (huanglongbing) in Paraguay, the discovery of genes resistant to Phytophthora sojae in soybeans and a computer model that gives early warning signs of crop failure.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Kenya: ADC Unveils New Maize Seed Variety
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 30th July 2013
- Smart labeling seeks to streamline produce traceability
Fresh Fruit Portal, 29th July 2013
- Australia – Diamondback moth challenges canola crops
Seed Quest, 29th July 2013
- Africa: Technology and Innovation Aim at Greater Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 27th July 2013
- Africa: Computer Model Gives Early Warning of Crop Failure
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 24th July 2013
- Maize can be primed for self-defence against leafhoppers
Rothamsted Research, 24th July 2013
- No new Malthus: disruptive technologies will help feed 9 billion people by 2050
Seed Quest, 23rd July 2013
- Paraguay Reports ‘Greening’ Outbreak In Citrus Plantations
Bernama, 22nd July 2013
- Interactive tool maps out world of bananas, potatoes and cassava
Fresh Fruit Portal, July 19th 2013
- Researchers discover genes resistant to soybean pathogen
Perdue Agriculture News, 18th July 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include information about five new introduced terrestrial slugs in Hungary. Photograph by RodrigoQuarteu. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstrac…
11 September 2023