We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of fruit rot caused by Botryosphaeria dothidea on European pear in Italy, the first report of soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) on tobacco in Henan, central China and the taxonomic status of the Bemisia tabaci complex with a reassessment of the number of its constituent species.
- Characterization of phytoplasmas related to peanut witches’-broom and stolbur groups associated with alfalfa diseases in Iran.
Hosseini, S.; Bahar, M.; Zirak, L. (2013) Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 120 (2) 70-76.
- Survey of mango pests in Reunion Island, with a focus on pests affecting flowering.
Amouroux, P.; Normand, F.; Lu, P. (2013) Acta Horticulturae 992, 459-466.
- First report of soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) on tobacco in Henan, central China.
Shi, H.; Zheng, J. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (6) 852.
- Molecular characterization of begomoviruses and DNA satellites associated with okra leaf curl disease in Cameroon.
Leke, W. N.; Sattar, M. N.; Ngane, E. B.; Ngeve, J. M.; Kvarnheden, A.; Brown, J. K. (2013) Virus Research 174 (1/2) 116-125.
- Taxonomic status of the Bemisia tabaci complex (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) and reassessment of the number of its constituent species.
Lee WonHoon; Park JongSun; Lee GwanSeok; Lee SeungHwan; Akimoto, S. (2013) PLoS ONE 8 (5) e63817.
- Colletotrichum coccodes on Capsicum rootstocks in northern-Italy.
Gilardi, G.; Baudino, M.; Ortu, G.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2012) Protezione delle Colture 5, 34-36.
- First report in Italy of Verticillium wilt caused by Verticillium dahliae Kleb. on New Zealand spinach (Tetragonia tetragonioides Murr.).
Bertetti, D.; Rapetti, S.; Martini, P.; Repetto, L.; Poli, A.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2012) Protezione delle Colture 5, 28-30.
- First report of fruit rot caused by Botryosphaeria dothidea (Moug. ex Fr.) Ces. & De Not. on European pear (Pyrus communis L.) cultivated in Italy.
Bertetti, D.; Poli, A.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2012) Protezione delle Colture 4, 60-64.
- The first record of a cryptic Bemisia tabaci MED species in Guangdong.
Sun XiuXin; Xue Xia; Ren SuLi; Ren ShunXiang; Qiu BaoLi (2013) Chinese Journal of Applied Entomology 50 (2) 505-512.
- Schistonchus molochi sp. n. and S. athertonensis sp. n. (Nematoda: Aphelenchoididae) from Ficus watkinsiana (Moraceae) in Australia.
Davies, K. A.; Bartholomaeus, F.; Kanzaki, N.; Giblin-Davis, R. M. (2013) Nematology 15 (4) 389-400.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>34,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022