We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the genetic diversity of Sugarcane bacilliform virus isolates infecting Saccharum in India, the occurrence of garlic rot (caused by Fusarium solani) during storage and the distribution of viruses infecting tomato and pepper in northern Benin.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Occurrence of rot of garlic caused by Fusarium solani during storage.
Mishra, R. K.; Jaiswal, R. K.; Pradeep Kumar; Gupta, R. P. (2013) Indian Phytopathology 66 (1) 114.
- Occurrence and distribution of viruses infecting tomato and pepper in Alibori in northern Benin.
Afouda, L. A. C.; Kotchofa, R.; Sare, R.; Zinsou, V.; Winter, S. (2013) Phytoparasitica 41 (3) 271-276.
- Occurrence of Sclerotium rolfsii in Rumex acetosa in Paraná.
Franzener, G.; Moura, G. S.; Meinerz, C. C.; Stangarlin, J. R. (2013) Summa Phytopathologica 39 (1) 64.
- First report of lonchaeidae (Diptera) infesting fruits of Byrsonima crassifolia in Brazil.
Adaime, R.; Strikis, P. C.; Souza Filho, M. F. de; Lima, C. R.; Lasa, R. (2012) Revista Colombiana de Entomología 38 (2) 363-364.
- First report of soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) on tobacco in Henan, central China.
Shi, H.; Zheng, J. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (6) 852.
- First report of a new leaf spot caused by Plectosphaerella cucumerina on field grown endive (Cichorium endivia) in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Gilardi, G.; Ortu, G.; Gullino, M. L. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (6) 848.
- First report of Verticillium wilt caused by V. dahliae on grafted Solanum aethiopicum in Washington.
Johnson, S.; Miles, C.; Inglis, D. A. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (6) 840.
- Genetic identification of an unknown Rhagoletis fruit fly (Diptera: Tephritidae) infesting Chinese crabapple: implications for apple pest management.
St. Jean, G.; Egan, S. P.; Yee, W. L.; Feder, J. L. (2013) Journal of Economic Entomology 106 (3) 1511-1515.
- Effects of cyanamide fertilizer on microbial community structure of continuous cropping soil.
Ma JunWei; Sun WanChun; Hu QingFa; Yu QiaoGang; Wang Qiang; Fu JianRong (2013) Journal of Zhejiang University (Agriculture and Life Sciences) 39 (3) 281-290.
- Genetic diversity of Sugarcane bacilliform virus isolates infecting Saccharum spp. in India.
Karuppaiah, R.; Viswanathan, R.; Kumar, V. G. (2013) Virus Genes 46 (3) 505-516.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>33,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022