We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a report of 5 broad-nosed weevil species damaging soybean in Brazil, the first report of Meloidogyne incognita infecting corn in western Spain and the detection and monitoring of spinosad resistance in thrips.
- On the presence of five species of Naupactini (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) damaging soybean in Brazil.
Lanteri, A. A.; Bigolin, M.; Río, M. G. del; Guedes, J. V. C. (2013) Neotropical Entomology 42 (3) 325-327.
- Antioxidative polyphenols from Nigerian mistletoe Loranthus micranthus (Linn.) parasitizing on Hevea brasiliensis.
Agbo, M. O.; Lai DaoWan; Okoye, F. B. C.; Osadebe, P. O.; Proksch, P. (2013) Fitoterapia 86, 78-83.
- Detection and monitoring of resistance to the insecticide spinosad in the thrips Frankliniella occidentalis.
Rais, D. S.; Sato, M. E.; Silva, M. Z. da (2013) Bragantia 72 (1) 35-40.
- Occurrence of Lysiphlebus testaceipes (Cresson, 1880) (Hymenoptera: Braconidae: Aphidiinae) parasitizing Aphis forbesi Weed, 1889 (Hemiptera: Aphididae) in the strawberries crop in the Metropolitan Region of Curitiba, Parana, Brazil.
Araujo, E. S.; Zawadneak, M. A. C.; Tavares, M. T.; Benatto, A.; Mógor, Á. F. (2013) Brazilian Journal of Biology 73 (1) 221-222.
- First report of Meloidogyne incognita infecting corn in western Spain.
López-Robles, J.; García-Benavides, P.; Sacristán-Pérez-Minayo, G. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (5) 694.
- First report of Cylindrocarpon destructans (Zinss) Scholten affecting avocado (Persea americana Mill) seedling in Colombia.
Ramírez Gil, G.; Morales Osorio, J. G. (2013) Revista de Protección Vegetal 28 (1) 27-35.
- Physalis angulata: a new natural host of Tomato chlorosis virus in Brazil.
Fonseca, M. E. N.; Boiteux, L. S.; Abreu, H.; Nogueira, I.; Pereira-Carvalho, R. C. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (5) 692.
- First report of anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum capsici on bok choy (Brassica chinensis) in Malaysia.
Mahmodi, F.; Kadir, J. B.; Wong, M. Y.; Nasehi, A.; Soleimani, N.; Puteh, A. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (5) 687.
- Can plant-microbe-insect interactions enhance or inhibit the spread of invasive species?
Bennett, A. E. (2013) Functional Ecology 27 (3) 661-671.
- A loop-mediated isothermal amplification-based method for confirmation of Guignardia citricarpa in citrus black spot lesions.
Tomlinson, J. A.; Ostoja-Starzewska, S.; Webb, K.; Cole, J.; Barnes, A.; Dickinson, M.; Boonham, N. (2013) European Journal of Plant Pathology 136 (2) 217-224.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>33,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022