We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of pineapple heart rot caused by Phytophthora nicotianae in China’s Hainan Province, a new species of Aeolothrips from mango crops in Mexico and details of Cylas puncticollis, a new pest of cotton.
- A new species of Aeolothrips (Thysanoptera: Aeolothripidae) from mango crops in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Ruiz-de la Cruz, J.; Vasquez-López, A.; Retana-Salazar, A. P.; Mora-Aguilera, J. A.; Johansen-Naime, R. (2013) Florida Entomologist 96 (1) 29-35.
- First report of Tobacco ringspot virus infecting kudzu (Pueraria montana) in Louisiana.
Khankhum, S.; Bollich, P.; Valverde, R. A. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (4) 561-562.
- First report of Fusarium proliferatum causing rot on garlic and onion in Argentina.
Salvalaggio, A. E.; Ridao, A. del C. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (4) 556. .
- First report of Botryosphaeria dothidea causing fruit rot of plum in Spain.
Roca, L. F.; Raya, M. C.; Trapero, A. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (4) 556-557.
- First report of Penicillium expansum causing bulb rot of lilium in India.
HemaMoorthy, T.; Prakasam, V. (2013) American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences 13 (3) 293-295.
- Alternate host plants, hibernation sites and survival strategy of Cylas puncticollis Boh.: a new pest of cotton.
Malgwi, M. A.; Onu, I. (2013) Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare 3 (2) 9-22.
- Mycoflora and potential mycotoxin production of freshly harvested blueberry in Concordia, Entre Ríos Province, Argentina.
Munitz, M. S.; Garrido, C. E.; Gonzalez, H. H. L.; Resnik, S. L.; Salas, P. M.; Montti, M. I. T. (2013) International Journal of Fruit Science 13 (3) 312-325.
- New record of the leek moth, Acrolepiopsis nagaimo (Lepidoptera: Acrolepiidae) from Korea.
Cho SooWon; Kim MinKi; Kim TaeHo; Lim JaeHa (2013) Korean Journal of Applied Entomology 52 (1) 1-4.
- First report of pineapple heart rot caused by Phytophthora nicotianae in Hainan Province, China.
Shen, H. F.; Lin, B. R.; Zhan, J. X.; Pu, X. M. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (4) 560-561.
- First report of damping-off of okra caused by Phytophthora nicotianae in Iraq.
Matny, O. N. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (4) 558.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>33,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts includes two new species of weevil in the Philippines. (Photo: Pexels) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include repo…
9 October 2019