We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the occurrence of Pachycoris torridus jewel bugs in Bahia, Brazil, the assessment of wheat cultivars for resistance to septoria leaf blotch-causing isolates and the incidence and identification of Cassava tuber rot caused by Phytophthora palmivora.
- Occurrence of Pachycoris torridus (Scopoli) (Hemiptera: Scutelleridae) in the State of Bahia, Brazil.
Marques, O. M.; Rosário, A. G.; França, E. da S. de; Carvalho, P. C. L. de (2012) Magistra 24 (SINSECTA) 207-209.
- Incidence and identification of Cassava tuber rot caused by Phytophthora palmivora.
Senthil @ Sankar, M.; Nath, V. S.; Misra, R. S.; Jeeva, M. L. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (6) 741-746.
- First report of powdery mildew (Microsphaera palczewskii) on Siberian peashrub in Montana.
Lonergan, E.; Skoglund, L. G. (2013) Plant Health Progress March PHP-2013-0327-01-BR.
- First report of Hop stunt viroid in Lebanese fig trees.
Elbeaino, T.; Choueiri, E.; Digiaro, M. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (1) 218.
- Identification and characterization of Cowpea aphid-borne mosaic virus isolates in Saudi Arabia.
Damiri, B. V.; Al-Shahwan, I. M.; Al-Saleh, M. A.; Abdalla, O. A.; Amer, M. A. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (1) 79-85.
- Damping-off disease in greenhouse cucumber in Iran.
Hatami, N.; Aminaee, M. M.; Zohdi, H.; Tanideh, T. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (7) 796-802.
- Assessment of wheat cultivars for resistance to Mycosphaerella graminicola isolates from Moghan Plain at seedling stage under greenhouse conditions.
Davari, M.; Abrinbana, M.; Zakaria, R. A.; Arzanlou, M. (2012) Iranian Journal of Plant Protection Science 43 (2) 379-389.
- Detection and identification of aster yellows group phytoplasma (16SrI-C) associated with peach red leaf disease.
Zhang Lei; Li ZhengNan; Zhang HuaWei; Tao Ye; Wu YunFeng (2013) Journal of Phytopathology 161 (5) 359-362.
- Morphological and molecular characterization of Diplodia seriata, the causal agent of canker and twig dieback disease on mulberry in Iran.
Arzanlou, M.; Dokhanchi, H. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (6) 682-694.
- First report of Gibberella avenacea causing wet apple core rot in Italy.
Sanzani, S. M.; Cariddi, C.; Roccotelli, A.; Garganese, F.; Fallanaj, F.; Ippolito, A. (2013) Journal of Plant Pathology 95 (1) 217.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>33,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Bean fly is a destructive pest of most food legumes, particularly common bean, cowpea, mungbean, blackgram, lima bean and soybean. Symptoms…
30 June 2022