We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts.
Records this fortnight include an identification and pathogenecity study of Alternaria spp. of tomato and potato, a new species of entomopathogenic nematode from ginger rhizosphere and a risk model of citrus greening infection.
- Phytoseiid mites (Acari: Mesostigmata) of Tunisian citrus orchards: catalogue, biogeography and key for identification.
Sahraoui, H.; Grissa, K. L.; Kreiter, S.; Douin, M.; Tixier, M. S. (2012) Acarologia 52 (4) 433-452.
- An identification and pathogenecity study of Alternaria spp. of tomato and potato in West Azerbaijan province.
Hajipoor, Z.; Ghoosta, Y.; Rezayi, S. (2012) Iranian Journal of Plant Protection Science 43 (1) 155-163.
- First records and reproductions of the Asian longhorned beetle Anoplophora glabripennis (Motschulsky) (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) in Switzerland.
Forster, B.; Wermelinger, B. (2012) Mitteilungen der Schweizerischen Entomologischen Gesellschaft 85 (3/4) 267-275.
- Predicting citrus greening of citrus trees using an infection risk model and spatiotemporal distribution analyses.
Horie, H.; Totogawa, N. (2012) Japanese Journal of Phytopathology 78 (3) 169-177.
- A new species of entomopathogenic nematode Oscheius gingeri sp. n. (Nematoda: Rhabditidae) from ginger rhizosphere.
Rashid Pervez; Eapen, S. J.; Devasahayam, S.; Jacob, T. K. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (5) 526-535.
- A new species of Callispa Baly (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Cassidinae, Callispini) infesting coconut palm (Cocos nucifera L.) in India.
Shameem, K. M.; Prathapan, K. D. (2013) ZooKeys 269, 10.
- A new species of Notostrix (Acari: Eriophyidae), with notes on the host plants and distribution of species of this genus.
Flechtmann, C. H. W.; de Moraes, G. J. (2013) Journal of Natural History 47 (3/4) 197-202.
- New records of Boleodorus Thorne, 1941 from Berberis vulgaris L. in Iran.
Alvani, S.; Mahdikhani, E.; Rouhani, H. (2013) Pakistan Journal of Nematology 31 (1) 1-9.
- Germination deterrence of seeds of Abrus precatorius L. by the seed-borne pathogen, Sclerotium rolfsii.
Ghosh, A.; Chatterjee, N. C.; Pal, P. K. (2012) Journal of Mycopathological Research 50 (1) 115-116.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>33,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply