We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the identification and characterisation of Citrus yellow vein clearing virus, the spread dynamics and agricultural impact of Sorghum halepense and the first report of black scurf on carrot caused by binucleate Rhizoctonia AG-U.
- First report of Cowpea mild mottle carlavirus on yardlong bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis) in Venezuela.
Brito, M., Fernández-Rodríguez, T., Garrido, M. J., Mejías, A., Romano, M., Marys, E. (2012) Viruses 4 (12) 3804-3811.
- Identification of Rastrococcus rubellus Williams (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) on mango: a new record to Sri Lanka.
Galanihe, L. D., Watson, G. W. (2012) Tropical Agricultural Research and Extension 15 (2) 7-10.
- Phomopsis (Diaporthe) species as the cause of soybean seed decay in Korea.
Sun SuLi, Kim MoonYoung, Chaisan, T., Lee YinWon, Van KyuJung, Lee SukHa (2013) Journal of Phytopathology 161 (2) 131-134.
- Identification and molecular characterization of Nocardia sp. as a new causal agent of tobacco false broomrape.
Morán, Y., Chacón, O., Córdoba-Sellés, M. del C., Domínguez-Larrinaga, R., Herrera, L., Borrás-Hidalgo, O. (2013) Journal of Phytopathology 161 (2) 86-91.
- First report of southern blight of winged bean.
Ono, T., Ohbayashi, T., Hoshi, H. (2012) Annual Report of the Kanto-Tosan Plant Protection Society 59, 31-32.
- Identification and characterization of Citrus yellow vein clearing virus, a putative new member of the genus Mandarivirus.
Loconsole, G., Önelge, N., Potere, O., Giampetruzzi, A., Bozan, O., Satar, S., Stradis, A. de, Savino, V., Yokomi, R. K., Saponari, M. (2012) Phytopathology 102 (12) 1168-1175.
- Spread dynamics and agricultural impact of Sorghum halepense, an emerging invasive species in Central Europe.
Follak, S., Essl, F. (2013) Weed Research (Oxford) 53 (1) 53-60.
- First report of black scurf on carrot caused by binucleate Rhizoctonia AG-U.
Misawa, T., Toda, T. (2013) Journal of General Plant Pathology 79 (1) 86-88.
- New records of Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) predation by Brazilian Hemipteran predatory bugs.
Bueno, V. H. P., van Lenteren, J. C., Lins Júnior, J. C., Calixto, A. M., Montes, F. C., Silva, D. B., Santiago, L. D., Pérez, L. M. (2013) Journal of Applied Entomology 137 (1/2) 29-34.
- First report of Aculops lycopersici (Tryon, 1917) (Acari: Eriophyidae) on Pepino in Turkey.
Akyazi, R. (2012) Journal of Entomological and Acarological Research 44 (3) 115-116.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022