We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts.
Records this fortnight include Conotrachelus weevil species associated with guava, Epitrix flea beetles threatening potato production in Europe and Fusarium causing shoot canker of kumquat in China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Chlorpyrifos ethyl-oxon sensitive and insensitive acetylcholinesterase variants of greenhouse whitefly Trialeurodes vaporariorum (Westw.) (Hemiptera:Aleyrodidae) from Turkey.
Erdogan, C.; Veli̇oglu, A. S.; Gurkan, M. O.; Denholm, I.; Moores, G. D. (2012) Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology 104 (3) 273-276
- Parasitoids (Hymenoptera: Braconidae: Aphidiinae) of northeastern Iran: aphidiine-aphid-plant associations, key and description of a new species.
Rakhshani, E.; Kazemzadeh, S.; Starý, P.; Barahoei, H.; Kavallieratos, N. G.; C´etkovic´, A.; Popovic´, A.; Bodlah, I.; Tomanovic´, Ž. (2012) Journal of Insect Science (Madison) 12 (143)
- Fusarium langsethiae – a HT-2 and T-2 toxins producer that needs more attention.
Imathiu, S. M.; Edwards, S. G.; Ray, R. V.; Back, M. A. (2013) Journal of Phytopathology 161 (1) 1-10
- Species of Conotrachelus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Molytinae) associated to the guava and new species description.
Salas-Araiza, M. D.; Romero-Nápoles, J. (2012) Revista Colombiana de Entomología 38 (1) 124-127
- A new subfamily of the grasshopper (Orthoptera: Acridoidea: Gomphoceridae) from the Tibetan Plateau of China.
Zhang DaoChuan; Zhang YuLong; Yin XiangChu (2012) Insect Science 19 (6) 699-702
- Galls and gall makers on plant leaves from the lower Miocene (Burdigalian) of the Czech Republic: systematic and palaeoecological implications.
Knor, S.; Skuhravá, M.; Wappler, T.; Prokop, J. (2013) Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 188, 38-51
- Metamasius hemipterus L. as a pest of bananas cv. Terra.
Fancelli, M.; Borges, A. L.; Ritzinger, C. H. S. P.; Silva, D. dos S.; Ringenberg, R. (2012) Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura 34 (3) 944-946
- The looper caterpillar, Pseudoplusia includens (Walker, 1857) new pest of yellow passion fruit cultive in Espirito Santo.
Benassi, V. L. R. M.; Valente, F. I.; Comério, E. F.; Carvalho, S. (2012) Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura 34 (3) 941-943
- Epitrix flea beetles: new threats to potato production in Europe.
Eyre, D.; Giltrap, N. (2013) Pest Management Science 69 (1) 3-6
- Fusarium spp. are responsible for shoot canker of kumquat in China.
Zhu Li; Chen GuoQing; Zhao XiaoLong; Deng ChongLing; Hyde, K. D.; Li HongYe (2013) Journal of Phytopathology 161 (1) 59-62
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply