We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts.
Records this fortnight include Fusarium chlamydosporum causing wilt disease of guava in India, a new record of stored product pest Lepinotus reticulatus from China and the first report of the invasive stink bug Bagrada hilaris from New Mexico.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First record of Trioza vitreoradiata (Maskell) (Hemiptera: Triozidae) in citrus.
Nelson, W. (2012) Citrus Research and Technology 33 (1) 35-38.
- Biological and serological diagnosis of Iris yellow spot virus in onion from northern India.
Pawan Kumar; Poonam Dhawan (2013) Annals of Agri Bio Research 18 (1) 48-54.
- Fusarium chlamydosporum, causing wilt disease of guava (Psidium guajava L.) in India.
Gupta, V. K.; Misra, A. K. (2012) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 45 (20) 2425-2428.
- New neotropical species of Opiinae (Hymenoptera, Braconidae) reared from fruit-infesting and leaf-mining Tephritidae (Diptera) with comments on the Diachasmimorpha mexicana species group and the genera Lorenzopius and Tubiformopius.
Wharton, R.; Ward, L.; Miko, I. (2012) ZooKeys 243, 27-82.
- New distribution and lure records of Dacinae (Diptera: Tephritidae) from Queensland, Australia, and description of a new species of Dacus Fabricius.
Royer, J. E.; Hancock, D. L. (2012) Australian Journal of Entomology 51 (4) 239-247.
- New record of Paecilomyces lilacinus (Deuteromycota: Hyphomycetes) as an entomopathogenic fungi on slug caterpillar of coconut.
Rao, N. B. V. C.; Snehalatharani, A.; Emmanuel, N. (2012) Insect Environment 17 (4) 151-153.
- New record of stored product pest Lepinotus reticulatus (Psocoptera: Trogiidae) from China: identification through scanning electron microscopy and DNA barcode.
Li ZhiHong; Kučerová, Z.; Yang QianQian; Stejskal, V. (2012) African Journal of Biotechnology 11 (88) 15460-15464.
- Chilli bud borer, Goethella asulcatta Girault in Andhra Pradesh.
Lakshmi, P. V.; Lakshmi, T. V.; Kumari, S. S.; Ramaraju, K.; Naidu, L. N. (2012) Insect Environment 17 (4) 155-156.
- Detection and partial molecular characterization of Grapevine fleck virus, Grapevine virus D, Grapevine leafroll-associated virus-5 and -6 infecting grapevines in Brazil.
Fajardo, T. V. M.; Eiras, M.; Nickel, O.; Dubiela, C. R.; de Souto, E. R. (2012) Ciência Rural 42 (12) 2127-2130.
- First report of the invasive stink bug Bagrada hilaris (Burmeister) (Heteroptera: Pentatomidae) from New Mexico, with notes on its biology.
Bundy, C. S.; Grasswitz, T. R.; Sutherland, C. (2012) Southwestern Entomologist 37 (3) 411-414.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Crop App Index: search over 750 plant-health apps
The Crop App Index website helps users to find the plant-health apps and websites they need to answer their crop pest and disease questions. CABI recently added a further 200 websites and apps to the search tool. It now features over 750 different plan…
23 March 2023
Leave a Reply