We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Pepino mosaic virus (PepMV) in Croatia, mites associated with soybean in Brazil, and the first report of Tomato chlorotic spot virus in the USA.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Mites (Acari: Mesostigmata, Sarcoptiformes and Trombidiformes) associated to soybean in Brazil, including new records from the Cerrado areas.
Rezende, J. M.; Lofego, A. C.; Návia, D.; Roggia, S. (2012). Florida Entomologist 95 (3) 683-693.
- Potato: a new host plant of Tuta absoluta Povolny (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) in Turkey.
Unlu, L. (2012) Pakistan Journal of Zoology 44 (4) 1183-1184.
- First report of infestation of cassava fruit, Manihot esculenta, by Neosilba perezi (Romero & Ruppell) (Lonchaeidae) in Brazil.
Strikis, P. C.; Marsaro Júnior, A. L.; Adaime, R.; Lima, C. R. (2012) Brazilian Journal of Biology 72 (3) 631-632.
- Pectobacterium spp. associated with bacterial stem rot syndrome of potato in Canada.
de Boer, S. H.; Li, X.; Ward, L. J. (2012) Phytopathology 102 (10) 937-947.
- Leafhopper subgenus Pediopsoides (Pediopsoides) (Hemiptera, Cicadellidae, Macropsinae) with descriptions of two new species from southern China.
Hu, L.; enHuai, D.; ZiZhong, L. (2012) Florida Entomologist 95 (3) 535-542.
- First record, distribution and morphology of psyllid, Trioza fletcheri minor Crawford, 1912 from Punjab province of Pakistan.
Bodlah, I.; Bodlah, M. A.; Naeem, M.; Akhter, T.; Nasir, M. F.; Chaudhry, M. T. (2012) Pakistan Journal of Zoology 44 (5) 1361-1365.
- First report of Pepino mosaic virus (PepMV) in Croatia.
Novak, A.; Milanović, J.; Kajić, V.; Balliu, A.; Gruda, N. (2012) Acta Horticulturae 960, 321-325.
- First record of Tomato chlorotic spot virus in the USA.
Londoño, A.; Capobianco, H.; Zhang, S. A.; Polston, J. E. (2012) Tropical Plant Pathology 37 (5) 333-338.
- First report of the occurrence of Cacopsylla chinensis (Yang & Li) (Hemiptera: Psyllidae) on cultivated Japanese pear in Japan.
Inoue, H.; Kuchiki, F.; Ide, Y.; Mishima, S. (2012) Japanese Journal of Applied Entomology and Zoology 56 (3) 111-113.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum on Atractylodes lancea in China (photograph by Rasbak). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abst…
12 January 2023