Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a breakthrough in developing salt-tolerant crops, biocontrol of apple pests and aphid resistance found in black raspberry.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Herbicide Tolerant, High Yielding, and Stress Tolerant Alfalfa Ready for Field Testing
Crop Biotech Update, 24 October 2012
- PSA in kiwifruit plants: a new method for Molecular Diagnosis
FreshPlaza.com, 25 October 2012
- Scientists find aphid resistance in black raspberry
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 31 October 2012
- NZ: Asian wasp introduced to control apple pest
FreshPlaza.com, 1 November 2012
- Plants recognise pathogenic and beneficial microorganisms
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 1 November 2012
- Southern Africa: Intercropping ‘Boosts Maize Yields By 50 Per Cent’
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 2 November 2012
- Breakthrough in developing salt-tolerant crops
[Wetenschap] Resource, 3 November 2012
- Rwanda: Banana Wilt Threatens Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 4 November 2012
- Scientists identify insect-repelling compounds in Jatropha
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 5 November 2012
- Brazil unveils disease-resistant banana breed
Fresh Fruit Portal, 7 November 2012
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
Leave a Reply