Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a breakthrough in developing salt-tolerant crops, biocontrol of apple pests and aphid resistance found in black raspberry.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Herbicide Tolerant, High Yielding, and Stress Tolerant Alfalfa Ready for Field Testing
Crop Biotech Update, 24 October 2012
- PSA in kiwifruit plants: a new method for Molecular Diagnosis
FreshPlaza.com, 25 October 2012
- Scientists find aphid resistance in black raspberry
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 31 October 2012
- NZ: Asian wasp introduced to control apple pest
FreshPlaza.com, 1 November 2012
- Plants recognise pathogenic and beneficial microorganisms
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 1 November 2012
- Southern Africa: Intercropping ‘Boosts Maize Yields By 50 Per Cent’
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 2 November 2012
- Breakthrough in developing salt-tolerant crops
[Wetenschap] Resource, 3 November 2012
- Rwanda: Banana Wilt Threatens Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 4 November 2012
- Scientists identify insect-repelling compounds in Jatropha
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 5 November 2012
- Brazil unveils disease-resistant banana breed
Fresh Fruit Portal, 7 November 2012
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a record of an aphid species that is new to the Netherlands (photo © Ho Jung Yoo, Purdue University – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests an…
12 November 2019