We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new record of the whitefly Acaudaleyrodes rachipora attacking clusterbean in India, detection of algal leaf spot in citrus in Paraná state and a novel mastrevirus infecting wheat in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of leaf spot of lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) caused by Phoma tropica in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Gilardi, G.; Ortu, G.; Gullino, M. L. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (9) 1380.
- First report of damping-off caused by Alternaria japonica on Chinese cabbage seedlings in China.
Ren, X. X.; Zhang, G. Z.; Dai, W. A. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (9) 1378.
- Detection of algal leaf spot (Cephaleuros virescens Kunze) in citrus in Paraná state.
Malagi, G.; dos Santos, I.; Mazaro, S. M.; Guginski, C. A. (2011) Revista Brasileira de Agrociência 17 (1) 148-152.
- Identification and characterization of pale potato cyst nematode (Globodera pallida) in Teplá, the Czech Republic.
Douda, O.; Zouhar, M.; Urban, J.; Čermák, V.; Gaar, V. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (9) 1386.
- Incidence of cigar end rot disease on banana.
Sobita Simon; Lal, A. A.; David, A. A.; Binit Kumar; Shivam Singh. (2012) Annals of Plant Protection Sciences 20 (2) 501.
- A new record of whitefly, Acaudaleyrodes rachipora attacking clusterbean in India.
Patel, P. S.; Patel, I. S.; Bindu Panickar (2011) Insect Environment 17 (3) 136-137.
- Phyllosticta species associated with freckle disease of banana.
Wong MeeHua; Crous, P. W.; Henderson, J.; Groenewald, J. Z.; Drenth, A. (2012) Fungal Diversity 56 (1) 173-187.
- A novel mastrevirus infecting wheat in India.
Jitendra Kumar; Singh, S. P.; Jitesh Kumar; Rakesh Tuli (2012) Archives of Virology 157 (10) 2031-2034.
- Tomato dwarf leaf virus, a New World begomovirus infecting tomato in Argentina.
Vaghi Medina, C. G.; López Lambertini, P. M. (2012) Archives of Virology 157 (10) 1975-1980.
- The first record of aphid Melanaphis pyraria (Passerini) in Lithuania.
Bašilova, J.; Rakauskas, R. (2012) Žemdirbystė (Agriculture) 99 (2) 209-212.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
The Pest Risk Information Service (PRISE) has published request for proposals (RFP) for partners in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, and Zambia. PRISE (prise.org) helps to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers by reducing crop losses caused by pests acro…
24 July 2020