We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new record of the whitefly Acaudaleyrodes rachipora attacking clusterbean in India, detection of algal leaf spot in citrus in Paraná state and a novel mastrevirus infecting wheat in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of leaf spot of lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) caused by Phoma tropica in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Gilardi, G.; Ortu, G.; Gullino, M. L. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (9) 1380.
- First report of damping-off caused by Alternaria japonica on Chinese cabbage seedlings in China.
Ren, X. X.; Zhang, G. Z.; Dai, W. A. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (9) 1378.
- Detection of algal leaf spot (Cephaleuros virescens Kunze) in citrus in Paraná state.
Malagi, G.; dos Santos, I.; Mazaro, S. M.; Guginski, C. A. (2011) Revista Brasileira de Agrociência 17 (1) 148-152.
- Identification and characterization of pale potato cyst nematode (Globodera pallida) in Teplá, the Czech Republic.
Douda, O.; Zouhar, M.; Urban, J.; Čermák, V.; Gaar, V. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (9) 1386.
- Incidence of cigar end rot disease on banana.
Sobita Simon; Lal, A. A.; David, A. A.; Binit Kumar; Shivam Singh. (2012) Annals of Plant Protection Sciences 20 (2) 501.
- A new record of whitefly, Acaudaleyrodes rachipora attacking clusterbean in India.
Patel, P. S.; Patel, I. S.; Bindu Panickar (2011) Insect Environment 17 (3) 136-137.
- Phyllosticta species associated with freckle disease of banana.
Wong MeeHua; Crous, P. W.; Henderson, J.; Groenewald, J. Z.; Drenth, A. (2012) Fungal Diversity 56 (1) 173-187.
- A novel mastrevirus infecting wheat in India.
Jitendra Kumar; Singh, S. P.; Jitesh Kumar; Rakesh Tuli (2012) Archives of Virology 157 (10) 2031-2034.
- Tomato dwarf leaf virus, a New World begomovirus infecting tomato in Argentina.
Vaghi Medina, C. G.; López Lambertini, P. M. (2012) Archives of Virology 157 (10) 1975-1980.
- The first record of aphid Melanaphis pyraria (Passerini) in Lithuania.
Bašilova, J.; Rakauskas, R. (2012) Žemdirbystė (Agriculture) 99 (2) 209-212.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022