Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including snow and frost affecting Brazil’s apple crop, Bangladesh decoding the genome of a crop-killing fungus and ways to keep barley yellow dwarf virus under control.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Bacillus Subtilis not Always a Good Bacterium, Scientists Reveal
Crop Biotech Update, 26th Spetember 2012
- Crop Watch – Rain both helps and hinders
FWi – Arable News, 26th Spetember 2012
- NZ avocado exports in line for rot prediction revamp
Fresh Fruit Portal, 27th September 2012
- Snow and frost hit Brazilian apple crop
Fresh Fruit Portal, 28th September 2012
- Virginia Tech research program confirms presence of invasive insect in Senegal
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, 28th September 2012
- Keep barley yellow dwarf virus under control
FWi – Arable News, 29th September 2012
- Potato ring rot reappears in Idaho
The Grower, 1st October 2012
- Maize Lethal Necrosis reduces yields for some Kenyan farmers by up to 60%
African Agriculture, 2nd October 2012
- Nuclear “birth control” helps Croatia fruit farmers fight flies
CNBC.com, 2nd October 2012
- Bangladesh decodes genome of crop-killer fungus
SciDev.Net, 9th October 2012
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
Leave a Reply